Can we make a 10:15 FLL flight?

twinsmom310

We arrive back on the Divina I presume around 6-7 am. What do you think the chances are of making a 10:15 am flight out of Fort Lauderdale?

I know it is about 45 min to FLL from the port.

Thoughts?

To short window if anything goes worg you lost your flight.

My advice buy open plan Ticket then if your able to be at the airport earlyyou change flight with out fees that what i'm doing for my voyage on divina in fev flingh for FLL with westjet

With maybe a glitch with getting off on time, customs, getting a taxi or shuttle, lots of people, remember this ship has perhaps 4000 passengers, the Italian way...lol....check in time and busy if a Sat or Sun at the airport, and the traffic that time of the day...would go for a later time.....

Not a chance. You have to be at the airport AT LEAST an hour in advance (I would say even earlier) and some reviews say that they may get into port at 6-7am but they are not off the ship until 9 or later. Earliest I've noticed is 8:30 for Yacht Club guests.

We were in the YC , hence one of the first off and it was after 9am, then you have a 30-40 drive to FLL and then clear security, I would not like to live on the edge. And you will be going through the non US citizen line, forget it impossible.

Edited by alexkrn46

We are going on the Divina next month. We fly from San Francisco and usually take JetBlue or VirginAmerica as their flights are reasonable and straight through to Ft Lauderdale.

However, I know how horrible the customs can be in Miami so we used a different airline and are flying out of Miami.......most other cruises we take are out of Ft. Lauderdale.

I would say your chances are nil.....AND....it will ruin your last day of the cruise worrying about it. Remember you have to be at the airport close to an hour ahead of the flight to check your suitcases.

It is not even about having to be at the airport at 9:15.......sometimes the checkin lines for your bags take a half hour there so you are really talking about getting there at 8:45.....

Now do you think you will make it ?

Once we arrived 5 minutes after the deadline to check luggage. I asked if we could get on the flight and have our luggage go on the next flight as it was about 8 hours later....we live close to the airport so I figured we could just pick it up later.

They said that was no longer allowed due to the new security concerns. You must travel with your luggage so we were not allowed to board.