HELP!! Lost luggage at port!

dman1

We just got off the Navigator today after a great week of cruising when we realized when we got home we left a bag at the Port terminal in

Galveston. I'm going crazy trying to find a phone number for lost and found but can't seem to find it on website. Any suggestions??

Don't worry, if you left it in the terminal you will get it back.

We left a bag at the Galveston terminal a few years back.

We tried to make calls but nobody answered. All the offices are closed on Sunday, even though it is busy with the ship turnaround.

I wound up driving back and the lady told me to wait until the ship was finished boarding and leaving.

We hung around for about 1.5hours.

After the ship left, she took me inside to an office upstairs which had about 20 suitcases inside including mine.

Edited by matj2000

We just got off the Navigator today after a great week of cruising when we realized when we got home we left a bag at the Port terminal in

Galveston. I'm going crazy trying to find a phone number for lost and found but can't seem to find it on website. Any suggestions??

You can also try this number to Post Cruise problems 1-800-256-6649 which does include Lost & Found.

Thank you all for the help! All departments are closed today so will try tomorrow!

hope u get it back my luggage was lost from outside my cabin 2 the terminal it is almost 2 weeks they have not found it I didn't loss it RCCL did now td they told me 2 call my home owners ins & file a claim .I did file with RCCL on 12/22/2013 my suitcase was fill ,lost all my pics I will never let them take my luggage again I will be the 1 walking around the ship with big suitcases if anyone don't like it 2 bad my pics can never be replaced this was our 30th cruise 8 cruise on the explorer of the seas

hope u get it back my luggage was lost from outside my cabin 2 the terminal it is almost 2 weeks they have not found it I didn't loss it RCCL did now td they told me 2 call my home owners ins & file a claim .I did file with RCCL on 12/22/2013 my suitcase was fill ,lost all my pics I will never let them take my luggage again I will be the 1 walking around the ship with big suitcases if anyone don't like it 2 bad my pics can never be replaced this was our 30th cruise 8 cruise on the explorer of the seas fluffi@charter.netQUOTE]

if it was RCCL here is the phone # 1800-256-6649

hope u get it back my luggage was lost from outside my cabin 2 the terminal it is almost 2 weeks they have not found it I didn't loss it RCCL did now td they told me 2 call my home owners ins & file a claim .I did file with RCCL on 12/22/2013 my suitcase was fill ,lost all my pics I will never let them take my luggage again I will be the 1 walking around the ship with big suitcases if anyone don't like it 2 bad my pics can never be replaced this was our 30th cruise 8 cruise on the explorer of the seas

Hang in there. The luggage may still be found. Our luggage was lost by Valet on the Allure. It was shipped to us FOUR months later:eek: . Hope yours is shipped to you soon.

I really hope they find your luggage. We got off the Allure Dec 2012, found all bags except one. Royal's lost and found at the port was indifferent to the point of rudeness. We filled out paperwork and left without our bag. Many calls and many months later still no luggage:( To be fair, we have been on many cruises without incident but we carry on our bags now as well.

Unfortunately I'm reading lots of reports (not just on RCI) of people putting their luggage outside their cabin the night before disembarkation, and their bags never showing up in the terminal.:( It makes me think that regardless of when we get off, the prudent thing to do is make sure we have no more than we can handle ourselves so we can keep our bags with us.

I really hope they find your luggage. We got off the Allure Dec 2012, found all bags except one. Royal's lost and found at the port was indifferent to the point of rudeness. We filled out paperwork and left without our bag. Many calls and many months later still no luggage:( To be fair, we have been on many cruises without incident but we carry on our bags now as well.

did u take out the ins I did but I had 2 file with my home owners ins 1st which is a crap of bull . I didn't want 2 do it but 95 % of my items were brand new it is 2 weeks already I didn't want 2 file with my homeowner ins because I filed 9/2013 for hail damage let me know if u every got your luggage fluffi@charter.net

Unfortunately I'm reading lots of reports (not just on RCI) of people putting their luggage outside their cabin the night before disembarkation, and their bags never showing up in the terminal.:( It makes me think that regardless of when we get off, the prudent thing to do is make sure we have no more than we can handle ourselves so we can keep our bags with us.

Agree! My daughter and I carried our luggage off our last cruise and it was so easy. Planning on doing that again on the next cruise with my hubby.

I also find it unbelievable that people will leave their luggage unlocked when dropping off at the pier and again the last night. Every now and then someone posts how something valuable went missing. Anyone can grab it from the hallway and go thru it. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO LOCK YOUR LUGGAGE - that goes for the airport too! We use TSA approved locks which is at least a deterrent from thieves. And NEVER put anything in your checked luggage that you can't afford to lose.

• 4 weeks later...

We just got off the Explorer of the Seas 1/21/14 sailing that had to return early due to a large Norovirus outbreak. We did not get sick like a lot of people, for which we are very grateful, so we were able to make the best of the cruise with missed ports, canceled shows, losing two days, etc.

Our problem began when we got off the ship to collect our luggage in the baggage claim area. We were not able to find one of our large bags that contained a lot of our clothing. Now, no-one needs this at the end of any vacation, especially a disappointing cruise, so it was very upsetting :eek:. We spent considerable time checking all luggage areas in case the the tag fell off or it was misplaced.

Eventually, after we were told all baggage was off the ship, we noticed that there was only one bag left with the same number and it looked very similar to our bag. It was then that we figured out that someone probably took our bag by mistake leaving theirs behind. We took down all the info from that bag that was on the tag: name, address and phone number and then left the bag with a RCCL representative explaining what we thought had happened. After filling out lost luggage forms we then had to get on our bus to return home :(.

The good news is we were able (with the info from their bag) to contact the people by phone the following morning to confirm that they did indeed have our luggage. What a relief!!!:D They were planning to drive back that day to Bayonne to leave our bag and retrieve theirs. With a few more calls we were able to follow the entire process with a RCCL representative right up until our bag was sent to UPS (for shipment to our home) and we were provided with a tracking number.

We feel very relieved and fortunate! We were able to quickly locate our missing bag ourselves by contacting the couple directly since we had their phone number from the tag on their luggage. It helped us facilitate the process of having our bag returned and shipped to us. The couple that took our luggage by accident returned our bag to Bayonne (we would do the same but these days you never know). Many thanks to them!!

Anyway, if you ever find yourselves missing a bag and there's only one bag left that looks just like yours....well, I hope this post helps ;).

Click on "contact us" on the Galveston cruiseport website

Just a thank you for the posts I see you make on various threads. You do not take part in drama but are quick to answer people's questions. That, to me, is the essence of Cruise Critic. Hope our paths cross on a cruise some day.

Margy

Just a thank you for the posts I see you make on various threads. You do not take part in drama but are quick to answer people's questions. That, to me, is the essence of Cruise Critic. Hope our paths cross on a cruise some day.

Margy

Thanks, you pretty much nailed it:) Love to meet you

Edited by setsail

This just happened to me after our recent Jewel cruise. All our bags were there except for my sons. We filled out a lost bag form in the terminal and within 24 hours, Royal called me and it was delivered by Fed Ex to the house within 48 hours. Always fill our that form at port as the lady told me on the phone that's your best way of a quick return and boy she was correct!! Thanks Royal!!:)

We just got off the Explorer of the Seas 1/21/14 sailing that had to return early due to a large Norovirus outbreak. We did not get sick like a lot of people, for which we are very grateful, so we were able to make the best of the cruise with missed ports, canceled shows, losing two days, etc.

Our problem began when we got off the ship to collect our luggage in the baggage claim area. We were not able to find one of our large bags that contained a lot of our clothing. Now, no-one needs this at the end of any vacation, especially a disappointing cruise, so it was very upsetting :eek:. We spent considerable time checking all luggage areas in case the the tag fell off or it was misplaced.

Eventually, after we were told all baggage was off the ship, we noticed that there was only one bag left with the same number and it looked very similar to our bag. It was then that we figured out that someone probably took our bag by mistake leaving theirs behind. We took down all the info from that bag that was on the tag: name, address and phone number and then left the bag with a RCCL representative explaining what we thought had happened. After filling out lost luggage forms we then had to get on our bus to return home :(.

The good news is we were able (with the info from their bag) to contact the people by phone the following morning to confirm that they did indeed have our luggage. What a relief!!!:D They were planning to drive back that day to Bayonne to leave our bag and retrieve theirs. With a few more calls we were able to follow the entire process with a RCCL representative right up until our bag was sent to UPS (for shipment to our home) and we were provided with a tracking number.

We feel very relieved and fortunate! We were able to quickly locate our missing bag ourselves by contacting the couple directly since we had their phone number from the tag on their luggage. It helped us facilitate the process of having our bag returned and shipped to us. The couple that took our luggage by accident returned our bag to Bayonne (we would do the same but these days you never know). Many thanks to them!!

Anyway, if you ever find yourselves missing a bag and there's only one bag left that looks just like yours....well, I hope this post helps ;).

i am so glad u got your bag back & have a happy ending our bag is still missing since 12/22/2013 as of td no word of finding it when we got 2 our section there were no bags like mine within 20 mins of getting 2 the terminal all bags in our section were claimed i had 2 file a claim with my home owner ins then RCCL ins which i paid for ,it still hurts 98% of my stuff was brand new but my memories of my g-daughters 1st little x/mas play at school is lost my memory sticks are gone & all my pics that were taking on the ship gone fluffi@charter.net

Lost mine in Fort Lauderdale cruiseport last year--took them a week to find it and then they FedEx'd it to me all the way in Toronto!

been over a month for me got off ship 12/22./2013 still they have not found it ,hoping when they clean the explorer they find it ,money can not replace the memories that i lost all my pics taking on RCCL , which can not be replace once u get off the ship 2 memory sticks which are priceless hope someone who took it has a coniuos 2 return it i had my info inside & in the pocket outside almost everything was new fluffi@charter.net