Costa maya or Princess Cays?

whataboutport

I'm looking at two cruises for Nov 2014. One is a RCCL on Vision OTS. They go to Costa Maya, as well as Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Coz. The other is on Ruby Princess, going to GC, Roatan, and Coz, but instead of CM going to Princess Cay.

I like the Princess ship better than the Vision, but I like Vision's itin/times (getting to GC earlier at 7am vs Ruby at 11am). Both have the rooms available that I want. What to do?

How cold is it in Bahamas in Nov? I've been in Feb and Mar and was too cold for me to swim. We like to snorkel.

I snorkled in Princess cays on november 2012 (the snorkling excursion they offer from Princess Cay). The water was as good as in Aruba and It was my most fantastic experience of snorkling. The guide where very helpful so we can see pleny of axotic fish. A must do...

Again, sorry for my poor english...

We had a private tour to a spectacular Mayan ruins site out of Costa Maya with a brilliant Mayan guide, It was one of the best tours we have had and most folks overlook the tremendous historical artifacts just a few miles from the dock area.

P&J

I like the Princess ship better than the Vision, but I like Vision's itin/times (getting to GC earlier at 7am vs Ruby at 11am). Both have the rooms available that I want. What to do?

Grand Cayman is a tender port. Arriving at 11:00, everyone on

the ship will be ready to go ashore as soon as the tenders are ready.

If you are not suite/elite (or buy a princess tour), you could be

in for quite a wait...

Princess Cays is a tender port as well, while in Costa Maya,

you would be alongside. (at a pier)

I'm looking at two cruises for Nov 2014. One is a RCCL on Vision OTS. They go to Costa Maya, as well as Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Coz. The other is on Ruby Princess, going to GC, Roatan, and Coz, but instead of CM going to Princess Cay.

How cold is it in Bahamas in Nov? I've been in Feb and Mar and was too cold for me to swim. We like to snorkel.

Living in s. Fla.

Edited by boca7
didn`t finish

Grand Cayman is a tender port. Arriving at 11:00, everyone on

the ship will be ready to go ashore as soon as the tenders are ready.

If you are not suite/elite (or buy a princess tour), you could be

in for quite a wait...

Princess Cays is a tender port as well, while in Costa Maya,

you would be alongside. (at a pier)

That is a good point. I want to do Stingray city again at GC, and I think getting there at 11 would only have ship excursions as an option. Am I correct in assuming that? I prefer to take the Native Way excursion (almost half the price) but I think it would be too late. I emailed them. Still waiting for reply.

I think two tender ports is kinda a drag. Didn't know PC was tender as well. Thanks for letting me know.

We were at Princess Cays in late November, and the water was warm.....warmer than we have found it in March.

We have found the same to be true ... warmer in November than in March.

It would be lots warmer in Costa Maya ... but I'd still pick the Princess cruise. :)

LuLu

~~~~

I snorkled in Princess cays on november 2012 (the snorkling excursion they offer from Princess Cay). The water was as good as in Aruba and It was my most fantastic experience of snorkling. The guide where very helpful so we can see pleny of axotic fish. A must do...

Again, sorry for my poor english...

Your English is great ... much better than many of our English lots of times. :)

LuLu

~~~~

We have found the same to be true ... warmer in November than in March.

It would be lots warmer in Costa Maya ... but I'd still pick the Princess cruise. :)

LuLu

~~~~

That's why I can't decide. I like the Princess feel better, and the ship. But I like the Vision is out of Tampa (good friend lives there and if we book this one so will she) and the times on the itin. Prices are pretty identical right now.

However have not looked at air yet.

Edited by whataboutport

That's why I can't decide. I like the Princess feel better, and the ship. But I like the Vision is out of Tampa (good friend lives there and if we book this one so will she) and the times on the itin. Prices are pretty identical right now.

However have not looked at air yet.

In your case Vision would be a good choice especially if you want to cruise with your friend. :)

Let us know what you decide.

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

I was just looking at the Vision deck plans. Looks like the aft balconies are much larger than regular balcony cabins, however, the aft cabin itself looks smaller than the regular balconies. Can anyone confirm? Are the deck plans usually pretty close to being to scale?

Oops. ETA I should prob ask this in the RCI forum! :D

Edited by whataboutport