Goodbye MDR Food...A Mini Tribute To The Old Menus

thecruiserofships

I don't know how you feel or what you think about the new menus, but I am a little disappointed about seeing some of my favorites go away. I have been cruising since 2007 and have been used to seeing the same foods every cruise and now I will miss the food that is going away.

I put together a tribute of photos to the old dining room menu on my blog. I tried to compile as many of my food photos as possible to make this tribute, but I probably don't have every single food item included.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/cruise-ship-food-photos.html

My photos are not as good as some others have posted on here, but I hope you will enjoy them anyways. I thought it would be fun to post my dinner favorites as a tribute and make sure you don't get too hungry looking!

What food items will you miss the most from the old menus?

Are there any new food items that you are looking forward to trying?

Thanks for posting these pictures. Was surprised when Bitter N Blanc was removed as I thought that was a popular dessert. As a matter of fact, a lot of my favorite desserts were removed such as the Crème Brulee and Grand Marnier Souffle. Also liked the cheese plate.

At least they will still have lobster!

LOL! The size of those lobsters are mainly the size of crawdads. We were disappointed in them on our last cruise. The lobster was pathetic. Yes, I know I could have ordered more but it wasn't worth the wait. Even in the steak house the lobster tail wasn't as big as the one I had ordered on a previous cruise.

LOL! The size of those lobsters are mainly the size of crawdads. We were disappointed in them on our last cruise. The lobster was pathetic. Yes, I know I could have ordered more but it wasn't worth the wait. Even in the steak house the lobster tail wasn't as big as the one I had ordered on a previous cruise.

The lobster may be small but I still think it is good!

I have read that you can still order the cheese plate, its just not going to be on the menu, the same with the shrimp cocktail.

I am going to miss the following:

-Tempura Shrimp

-Lasanga Bolognase

-Chilled Peach Soup

-Chilled Bing Cherry Soup

-Chilled Strawberry Soup

-Grand Marnier Souflee

-Orange Sherbert

The food I miss the most was dropped from the menu several years ago---BEEF WELLINGTON.

I agree along with the Flaming baked Alaska and cherries jubilee but those were before OP started cruising

Edited by jonbgd

Never cared for the Baked Alaska or cherries jubilee but will miss creme brûlée and Grand Marnier soufflé.

I enjoyed the table side presentation and the flaming before the fire codes changed but yes the crème brulee is also missed:o

Edited by jonbgd