Onboard the Marina..headed to Papeete

computerworks

Italian wine tasting this afternoon, followed by some down time on the Spa Terrace.

Then...dinner at Red Ginger. As always...superb.

Tuna Tanaki

1545664_10203384892693814_904886523_n.jpg

Duck and Watermelon Salad

1043870_10203384901334030_768422409_n.jpg

Malaysian Beef ..tried it for the first time; highly recommend it ( after you have had the Sea Bass first. :p )

1544985_10203384903254078_1829583267_n.jpg

Ron,

Thanks for the tease!

Saw the pic of the duck watermelon salad and the my heart started pounding, saliva rushed into my mouth and my tummy gurgled wildly.....

I've been dreaming of eating it again since last March....OMG I can hardly stand the wait....hurry up February 2nd....

Also loved the mushy peas! Your pics are terrific

Terry

My pleasure, Terry... your time will be here before you know it!

I'll try and get more than food pics posted today.

One more sea day and we reach Fakarava. Once there, the trip will really wind up in the home stretch, since we'll now have more ports than sea days...and they will go by quickly.

Just one vanity pic right now:

1509086_10203387070588260_1412941711_n.jpg

My pleasure, Terry... your time will be here before you know it!

I'll try and get more than food pics posted today.

One more sea day and we reach Fakarava. Once there, the trip will really wind up in the home stretch, since we'll now have more ports than sea days...and they will go by quickly.

Just one vanity pic right now:

1509086_10203387070588260_1412941711_n.jpg

A lovely picture. Thanks for all your posts and pictures. We don't sail on Marina until May. Can't wait.

Oceania vacation=Absolute Bliss!

You said it right, Terry... it's amazing (but not unexpected) how perfect everything is. Angela still has back issues, but we are carefully pacing the activities and she has been fine. Like on Easter island... I did the climbing while she watched from a bench, etc.

Catherine....glad to share what we can as we go. :p

Today, we have cloudy weather with short bursts of showers. The sea is choppy, but not angry.

I did not mention before, but the CD is Leslie Jon.

We had a room service breakfast and attended the Officer's Q & A in the lounge. Captain Leo, HD Dominique and the Chief Engineer fielded questions about the ship, crew and operations....very informative.

Angela is doing wash this afternoon...and I am doing some office work, taking advantage of a very robust internet today.

Tonite, we have dinner in Toscana.

More later, I am sure.

You said it right, Terry... it's amazing (but not unexpected) how perfect everything is. Angela still has back issues, but we are carefully pacing the activities and she has been fine. Like on Easter island... I did the climbing while she watched from a bench, etc.

Today, we have cloudy weather with short bursts of showers. The sea is choppy, but not angry.

We had a room service breakfast and attended the Officer's Q & A in the lounge. Captain Leo, HD Dominique and the Chief Engineer fielded questions about the ship, crew and operations....very informative.

Angela is doing wash this afternoon...and I am doing some office work, taking advantage of a very robust internet today.

More later, I am sure.

Can you please send love to Leslie from Jan and Stu and tell him we are waiting for him to come home..

Jancruz1

From the paperwork we just got it looks like we will get a new GM and CD for our trip. Damien Lacroix abd David Shermet. We have sailed with them in the past and both are very good. Again, can't wait. :):):)

(Jancruz...will do!)...

...and, yes, Dominique is, as we say, "short."

Today...Fakarava.

Explored and snorkeled the reefs in the lagoon via boat and had a cookout near a tidal pool. Had the pleasant opportunity to experience a torrential downpour in the afternoon that pinned us down on the island for about an hour.

I was looking for the Professor and MaryAnne...but we did make it back before the last tender.

1511730_10203400668368196_484807554_n.jpg

1521619_10203400672448298_1379857336_n.jpg

1511634_10203400679648478_1953793037_n.jpg

More later, I am sure.

:D With Dominique as your General Manager, your cruise was a guaranteed success! His enthusiasm and competence are beyond great. Enjoy the balance of your cruise.:)

Mmmmmm...I can smell that fish cooking!

What no rainy pictures?

1555288_10203406976325891_186285421_n.jpg

...hiding in a corrugated metal shelter, waiting out the storm. The seas got angry and the wind was fierce...steady downpour for almost an hour, it seemed.

Today is our last sea day...tomorrow first of 2 days in Bora Bora.

Ha! Love it Ron! Thankfully in tropical places the weather seems to change in a heartbeat. Hope it is better by now!

Did you take rainwear? I've been watching the weather in the Western Caribbean where we are headed for the Mayan Mystique cruise in February, nothing but thunderstorms daily! I'm going to pack a rain slicker.....

Cheers! Terry

We did pack a few plastic ponchos to keep in the backpack. Plus we bit the bullet when we left and did not wear winter coats, but rather wore rain jackets, so we would have them without taking up precious suitcase space.

The boat owner at Fakarava had full rain gear for us, for the trip back, as well. I am sure he knew the chances of stormy weather. :p

Ha! Love it Ron! Thankfully in tropical places the weather seems to change in a heartbeat. Hope it is better by now!

Did you take rainwear? I've been watching the weather in the Western Caribbean where we are headed for the Mayan Mystique cruise in February, nothing but thunderstorms daily! I'm going to pack a rain slicker.....

Cheers! Terry

Ron's pictures are amazing and his commentsmake you feel that you are with him on the cruise. You and I were lucky to have him on our cruise last year.

By the way, I picked up 2 plastic rain ponchos( material similar to a ziploc sandwich bag) at the Dollar store ($ 1). I didn't have to use them on the Mayan Mystique cruise in Dec where the weather was perfect for 99% of the trip. I had to use it in Fort Lauderdale before the trip - where the weather was pretty crummy for 3 days.

Have a great cruise.

Catherine