Fridge in cabins

rrogers1949

It would probably be a good idea to search the Royal Caribbean forum as I suspect this question has already been asked/answered over there.

As far as answering your question I have sailed on Royal and they have always had a mini fridge (already stocked with beer/wine/etc). In order for a correct answer however you probably need to list which ship you plan on sailing to ensure the answer applies to that specific ship. I have not sailed every class of ship and have not sailed on them in a few years so things may be different.

My wife was on a medication that needed to be refrigerated. We found the frig in our Princess cabin did not keep a steady temperature. The doctor stored it for her in the full size refrigerator in the medical center. Note, it was not something that my wife needed 24 hours access to. She was ale to schedule her use of it around the medical centers hours.

Yes...on all but the smaller, older ships, there is a fridge in the cabin. It's more of a "dorm cube" thing. If you really need a specific cold temp, then contact the "Special Needs" dept so they can get you a colder, medical fridge.

The one that comes in the cabin is usually in a cabinet, so keeping the cabinet door ajar will aid in airflow and help the "cube" stay colder.

My wife and I are newcomers to RCL as we have always sailed on Carnival. We are looking forward to a positive change.

We were wondering if there are refridgerators in the rooms since my wife takes medication that requires refrigeration.

DO NOT assume that a refrigerator in your stateroom will be cold enough for medication. If you need 24 hour access bring a refrigerator thermometer to check the temperature. Celebrity told us that the refrigerator in our room is considered a mini bar.

My wife and I are newcomers to RCL as we have always sailed on Carnival. We are looking forward to a positive change.

We were wondering if there are refridgerators in the rooms since my wife takes medication that requires refrigeration.

All their ships I have been on had a mini fridge, but that certainly is not a blanket answer for your specific ship. I would also check with my doctor as to the specific temp requirements of the medication, since the in room units are pretty marginal at true refrigeration temperatures. If it is a med that can be spoiled at less than ideal temperatures, I would make arrangements to have it stored in proper conditions in the med facility. Certainly less then ideal for convenience, but much better than a ruined cruise because of a needed med that you cannot replace.

no. they are coolers. you need to contact special needs to get a medical fridge.

As far as answering your question I have sailed on Royal and they have always had a mini fridge (already stocked with beer/wine/etc).....

This is definitely not the case (anymore). Years ago they may have done this but there is no liquor in the cooler/fridge in your cabin on RCI. The fridge does contains soda, bottled water, candy, and nuts all available for purchase. Just wanted to clear this up. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

The mini fridges are not very cold at all. They are more like a cooler and even then it has been our experience that the contents are hardly cooler than room temperature.

It would be best to contact Special Needs at email: special_needs@rccl.com

Edited by JimAOk1945

no. they are coolers. you need to contact special needs to get a medical fridge.
I was going to say the same thing. These things are not refrigerators at all -- they are coolers, just like the ones you could have to plug into your car. They will keep cold things chilled, but they will not bring room temperature things down to cold.