Taxi from airport to ship in Tahiti

workstocruise

I can recommend Fifi for a taxi service. She was very good about communicating(which people in FP sometimes aren't) and the driver was there waiting with a sign with our name on it. Reasonable price also. I'll see if I can locate the contact information.

That was easier than I thought, I still had the email, here is her address.

otarelowyna@mail.pf

Edited by ORV

Curious question. While we plan to stop at an ATM at the airport for some XPF, how much really does one need on a cruise once you go ashore? I've debated about ordering some XPF before we go but don't want to be stuck with extra to exchange.

PirateShark-

Since your cruise is coming up fast, I'm sure you have your flight info. Are you on the Air Tahiti flight or on the Atlas charter? Do you know if there are any baggage fees with either? Also, what time do you arrive in Tahiti? My cruise sails at 5am on 4/6/14.

Curious question. While we plan to stop at an ATM at the airport for some XPF, how much really does one need on a cruise once you go ashore? I've debated about ordering some XPF before we go but don't want to be stuck with extra to exchange.

We got about $300 in XPF from Wells Fargo before we left last April. We used it to pay for independent tours and buying from local craftspeople. We could have used more.

Most operators will take US dollars and many credit cards. The Taxi is a 10 min ride, there will be lots of them figure $30 total US

Bars and restaurants and hotel will all take USD. Add up in advance the cash in USD it is easy. A tour in Bora quoted me in USD not xpf Converting cash back and forth can loose you a good 10% in the process.. Tahiti is a very accomidating place... they LOVE money..your money. If you have Euros they LOVE them too.. so if you have some use them.

If your on a charter Tahiti NUI ( Atlas not being used anymore) flight you have a 50 lb check and a 20 lb cabin bag limit. There will be no charge but on the connecting flight in the US there maybe... depending on your status and credit card ( some airlines like UA exempt their credit card holders)

Oceania is chartering... Tahiti Nuis regular scheduled aircraft and may have all or 50 to 80% of the seats booked as a block.. Depends

PirateShark-

Since your cruise is coming up fast, I'm sure you have your flight info. Are you on the Air Tahiti flight or on the Atlas charter? Do you know if there are any baggage fees with either? Also, what time do you arrive in Tahiti? My cruise sails at 5am on 4/6/14.

I'm on a regular ATN going over (we are flying in a few days early) and according to the ATN website, it's 22lbs for carryons and 50lbs for checked - no fee unless it's overweight and you have more than one bag. We are coming back on a ATN charter in business class which allows the 22lb carryon but 70lbs for checked. That won't do me any good on my connecting flight back home from LAX though. If Oceania is using ATN, I'd go with their restrictions.

I'm on a regular ATN going over (we are flying in a few days early) and according to the ATN website, it's 22lbs for carryons and 50lbs for checked - no fee unless it's overweight and you have more than one bag. We are coming back on a ATN charter in business class which allows the 22lb carryon but 70lbs for checked. That won't do me any good on my connecting flight back home from LAX though. If Oceania is using ATN, I'd go with their restrictions.

If your in Business your bags will be tagged with Business ID and since it is a regular flight with a portion chartered, after clearing customs they will check back in your bags after customs... all regular airlines have inter-line baggage.

You wont have to pay...

Curious what did you have to pay for Business over the charter fare?

If your in Business your bags will be tagged with Business ID and since it is a regular flight with a portion chartered, after clearing customs they will check back in your bags after customs... all regular airlines have inter-line baggage.

You wont have to pay...

Curious what did you have to pay for Business over the charter fare?

The infamous $800 special. I go to work on Monday morning and any additional room is worth it flying overnight. If we didn't get the special I was told it would cost an additional $1700 (i.e. $2500). Using the savings to buy pearls instead ;)