Transportation advice port canavral

RdhAnd mom

Going On a Disney cruise in 2 wks from Port Canaveral. We are just 2 ppl. Arriving a few days prior to Mco airport. Unsure if it's worth to rent a car or just hire private transportation. What's the closest rental car company to port Canaveral? If I decide to rent a car and return it Sunday in port Canaveral Anyone know how much a taxi would cost from the rental company to the ship? OR if I decide to go from the airport to the ship. Anyone have recommendations for reliable and inexpensive transit companies?

Going On a Disney cruise in 2 wks from Port Canaveral. We are just 2 ppl. Arriving a few days prior to Mco airport. Unsure if it's worth to rent a car or just hire private transportation. What's the closest rental car company to port Canaveral? If I decide to rent a car and return it Sunday in port Canaveral Anyone know how much a taxi would cost from the rental company to the ship? OR if I decide to go from the airport to the ship. Anyone have recommendations for reliable and inexpensive transit companies?

Hertz is the closest company to the cruise terminals, but that does not matter much because there are several rental car companies nearby that have free shuttles to/from the cruise terminals. There may be more, but I know Avis, Hertz, and Budget all have free shuttles to the cruise terminals.

PCcarrentals_zps2e118088.jpg

all the companies in PC area are w/in 3 miles of the port and all run shuttles during operating hours. You can also night drop but then would need a taxi to get anywhere.

Arriving early and staying in Orlando or comin' to the beach?

Edited by Capt_BJ

We have always rented a car and returned it the day of the cruise. There are so many things to see in the area, having a car is nice. Especially if you are getting to the Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area two days prior to your cruise. as stated above. You can drive to Cocoa Village or old Melborne and shop/eat etc. They are both about 1/2 - 3/4 hour drives. There are a lot of good local restaurants on the way.

Does anyone know of transportation from the Port Canaveral cruise port to Miami Cruise terminal? Thanks in advance for any info.:confused:

This is about a 3 to 4 hour trip. I would just rent a car and return it in Miami.

Others more familiar with the area may have a better suggestion....

Do you already have a hotel booked in Orlando? I'd check into staying onsite at Disney. free shuttle (magical express) from MCO to your resort hotel and then a free shuttle to Port Canaveral from your resort since you are sailing DCL. No car necessary on Disney property since buses can take you wherever you want to go. Just a thought.

Does anyone know of transportation from the Port Canaveral cruise port to Miami Cruise terminal? Thanks in advance for any info.:confused:

As mentioned above, the drive from PC to Miami will take about 4 hours straight down I-95; if you rent from Alamo, National or Thrifty you can drop the car at the MIA airport and ride their free shuttle to POM -- otherwise you are looking at $24+tip in cab fare from MIA to POM.