Lotus spa

ramplead

We are on the 10 day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on Jan 8 on the Emerald Princess.

I wanted to get my wife something at the Lotus spa.

Has anyone booked anything there and is it a good experience?

thanks

While never sailing on the Emerald, I have had spa experiences. Sometimes they are good, sometimes not. I just depends on what you want done and how comfortable you are in a spa. On our last cruise I has a credit for a 30 minute back massage. That was WONDERFUL. So, it depends.

One thing to watch for is the sales pitch after the treatment. They will try to sell you spa items to help you improve in whatever they perceive is your problem. These can get to be expensive, so be careful.

On our first cruise, "I had the shave to end all shaves". That was more than wonderful. She did sell me a package of products for shaving that I likes and have used ever since. My attendant there took the time to show me the products and explained how to use them.

It is up to you as to what you want to do, but you have been warned. ;)

I've had an Ionithermie treatment (they rub you with a seaweed mixture and use a machine to flex your muscles - removes toxins and inches) that was nice, and DH and I did a couples massage for our anniversary a few years ago. Both services were nice, but I think the spa is overpriced (just my opinion) so I don't go very much.

The staff there are very nice and its a very relaxing atmosphere. You will come into the lobby where they have relaxing music playing, water with lemon or tea to drink, and then the person doing your service will bring you to the room or area where its being performed. I've never had a bad experience there.

Good luck!

I have used the Lotus Spa many times on several cruises and always had a great experience. I have had limited experience with massages in my city but the spa at sea is usually better even though it costs more.

I usually do not buy products because of the cost and I am not at all a high maintenance gal….until I did my Coral Princess cruise in October. However, I can vouch that they use very good products,especially for facials. So much so that I did break down and buy their products and have re-ordered products online-yes, they are that good! My skin has never looked so good and I have had several compliments from people about my skin when I was not even wearing any makeup!!!!! And this was a month after being back home!

The 2 best massages in my opinion are the hot stone and the Thai poultice massages-OMG!!! they are wonderful.

So,yes, I think their spa services are very high quality.

I have had excellent experiences on both the Crown and the Pacific. I would recommend the hot stone massage with the manicure/pedicure. It was wonderful and my nails never looked better. I have also had my hair, cut, colored and styled. They did a great job, although it does cost more than at home.

• 2 years later...
I have used the Lotus Spa many times on several cruises and always had a great experience. I have had limited experience with massages in my city but the spa at sea is usually better even though it costs more.

I usually do not buy products because of the cost and I am not at all a high maintenance gal….until I did my Coral Princess cruise in October. However, I can vouch that they use very good products,especially for facials. So much so that I did break down and buy their products and have re-ordered products online-yes, they are that good! My skin has never looked so good and I have had several compliments from people about my skin when I was not even wearing any makeup!!!!! And this was a month after being back home!

The 2 best massages in my opinion are the hot stone and the Thai poultice massages-OMG!!! they are wonderful.

So,yes, I think their spa services are very high quality.

What brand products?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've enjoyed massage in the spa on every ship! The spa does book up fast for my preferred times, so I tend to book ahead online, then confirm my appts on the 1st day. She'll love any of the treatments!

They have a full menu of massage treatments on the cruise personalizer, you could print that out & maybe give it to her enroute so that she can be pondering which one she wants to experience!

Happy Sailing!

PS Brownie points for thinking of that ahead of time, she's a lucky lady!

DW and I always get a spa treatment while on board. While she has chosen acupuncture lately I have always opted for a massage. My favorite being the seaweed on the amazing aqua bed.

While it can be tempting to book in advance we find that the prices are significantly higher and we generally don't have any issue booking a day and time that works for us on board. It's one of the first places we stop when boarding and generally get a good discount. Unless there is a day and time you know you must have I would suggest waiting til you board and going and booking your treatment then.

You will enjoy your treatment, to date I have not had a bad experience while on board.

What brand products?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I bought a bunch of skin care and eye cream products at the Lotus Spa and they were made by Elemis. I later looked and found they are also available on amazon, qvc, etc. I was very happy with the products and results....:o

My wife and I purchased the thermal spa package and enjoyed the various stations but we're more 'do our own thing and pay as little as possible' people. I also give a mean massage and was able to capably do so in the thermal spa when it was just the two of us in there.