Odd Pricing single vs double

cle-guy

I'm looking at the Jan 20 Equinox sailing.

When I say I have 1 passenger, I get a return of only a single Penthouse suite is left in Suite class. No other suites left. For $16k.

When I say 2 are traveling, the suite class now displays the Penthouse AND a celebrity suite, Penthouse still 16k, celebrity suite prices out to $4600.

Weird that a single can only book a PH, but a double has choice of PH or CS.

:confused:

When I say I have 1 passenger, I get a return of only a single Penthouse suite is left in Suite class. No other suites left. For $16k.

When I say 2 are traveling, the suite class now displays the Penthouse AND a celebrity suite, Penthouse still 16k, celebrity suite prices out to $4600.

Why are you confused? That is the Celebrity computer system kicking out those results after all! :)

This is not unusual...many times cruise lines will only allow certain staterooms to be occupied by single supplement fares.

I have noticed in the past on celebrity and on other lines as well, that different staterooms are only available depending on the number of passengers being booked.

I do not pretend to understand the logic but I am led to believe it has to do with possibly generating more onboard revenue during the cruise.

This is because some cruiselines (Celebrity for example) are not solo friendly. This is also the reason because I am also travelling with other cruiselines and I am not Zenith on Celebrity. I wish one day they would realise that solo passengers are an important segment of the matket.