Power outlets on Carnival Liberty

Ontariotrekker

As far as I know, this is for all Carnival ships.

All cabins have ONE outlet that has both a 3 prong 110 and a 220.

The outlet in the bathroom is for shavers only.

Last cruise (on Conquest, which is the same as Liberty), I took a little surge protector that had extra outlets and USB ports. I don't normally advocate plugging multiple items, but used it at night to charge my camera battery as well as my phone. I always unplugged it when not in use.

11101770073_a547451f85_z.jpg

I believe cabins have only one outlet for a reason. Bringing power strips and loading them up with the entire family's toys and having a few hundred cabins doing this seems to just be begging to start an electrical fire.

Don't know about anyone else, but that thought scares the crap out of me! There's a REASON that cabins have only one outlet!

Sorry for the mini-rant. Just a suggestion to people that if you feel you must have extra outlets, please bring something that is a surge protector and not just a power strip. And know that you may not be able to board with it.

Oh, and my little surge protector did not work on Fantasy because of the location of the plug (couldn't plug it in). There are some that have a swivel that should work on that class ship.

Edited by NCTribeFan

The Triumph has two (three prong) 115v outlets in balcony cabins, about three feet apart at the base of the mirror.

Ah, well, I've only had balcony cabins on Miracle and we only had 1 plug. I had an inside on Triumph and it only had one plug.

So, what do I know? :p

use.

I believe cabins have only one outlet for a reason. Bringing power strips and loading them up with the entire family's toys and having a few hundred cabins doing this seems to just be begging to start an electrical fire.

Don't know about anyone else, but that thought scares the crap out of me! There's a REASON that cabins have only one outlet!

Sorry for the mini-rant. Just a suggestion to people that if you feel you must have extra outlets, please bring something that is a surge protector and not just a power strip. And know that you may not be able to board with it.

Oh, and my little surge protector did not work on Fantasy because of the location of the plug (couldn't plug it in). There are some that have a swivel that should work on that class ship.

Your words of caution should be on every thread dealing with this topic.

Ah, well, I've only had balcony cabins on Miracle and we only had 1 plug. I had an inside on Triumph and it only had one plug.

So, what do I know? :p

Most do, however the redo of the Sunshine they added another, at least in an ocean view on deck two we were in for the naming ceremony.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone