Miss the Vision-class nightclub in the Viking Crown

Vision class ships were always my favorite as a kid.. even now I love them. Going on the Liberty for the second time in about a week.. love the ship, but we like going out and don't care for the nightclub- (dungeon themed on Freedom class ships)

I always thought it was so cool how the elevators on the vision class basically come to the dancefloor, with the DJ overlooking the entire place. Plus you get nearly 270 degree views. Bar under the DJ booth... it was such a nice set up. I'm sure the vision class ships still have this, but now some of the VC has turned into Izumi and the Diamond Lounge... wish they would have put them somewhere else. (Not hating, I'm a diamond member myself)

Anyone else feel the same?

We don't use the nightclub much, but we have enjoyed sitting in Viking Crown and enjoying the view. We're not a fan of how much of Viking Crown was taken away on Legend with the addition of Chops and Izumi.

This is according to RCCL's website

It shows The Viking Crown Lounge assessible by elevator. In one corner, they have added The Concierge Club. VKL on 11th deck

On 12th deck the layout shows the Asian restaurant, without any elevator---only stairs

We don't use the nightclub much, but we have enjoyed sitting in Viking Crown and enjoying the view. We're not a fan of how much of Viking Crown was taken away on Legend with the addition of Chops and Izumi.

We agree that RCL has taken too much of the VCL for the 2 restaurants. This is all that is left of the VCL + the dance floor near the elevators. Notice the divider in the distance. This is the begining of Izumi. I faces the pool deck.

PA300024_zps8d8a19a5.jpg

We agree that RCL has taken too much of the VCL for the 2 restaurants. This is all that is left of the VCL + the dance floor near the elevators. Notice the divider in the distance. This is the begining of Izumi. I faces the pool deck.

Interesting..... both Rhapsody and Vision have Izumi's only on deck 12... not deck 11 as you have said above. I can't believe how they chopped up the VC on the Legend... you can view this deck plan also on RCL website, it's very different from Vision & Rhapsody which are much MUCH better imo.

On Vision and Rhapsody the only cut off of VC is for the CL on the port side when you come off the elevators (Chops is on deck 5). The deck plan on the RCL website shows exactly how it is on both these ships. The area where the DJ plays music is now seating area for Izumi's and is no longer VC.

Here's the VC on the Vision dance floor looking down from where the OP was mentioning in post #1 from now Izumi's seating on deck 12. Sorry for the lighting, but you can see through the elevators it's not blocked off, it's still VC seating

VisionVC_zps6d1bb464.jpg~c200?t=1388765691

Here's deck 12 Izumi's seating where the DJ still is. This shot is again facing towads the elevators

VisionIzumiseating_zps999e0836.jpg~c200?t=1388765468

Lastly this is Izumi's main entrance at the stairs facing away from the VC looking aft. This is "Deck 11 1/2"... when you come up the stairs from deck 10 to 11 you have a choice of turning right into the VC or going up a half set of stairs to this area. Then there's another half set of stairs to up to the the photos above.

DSC04725_zps891b68bd.jpg~c200?t=1388765633

Did RCL revitalize the Legend first? Maybe they realized their mistake and remade plans for Rhapsody and most recently Vision.

...Did RCL revitalize the Legend first? Maybe they realized their mistake and remade plans for Rhapsody and most recently Vision.

Legend and Splendour are significantly different ship designs than the other Vision class ships. On Legend and Splendour, the stacks come through the Viking Crown and there's no second level to Viking Crown. On the other Vision class ships, the stacks are farther aft, so the Viking Crown has more usable space, including the ability to have a second level.