Romance packages and flowers

There used to be a link on the RCI website where you could book Romance Packages and even have flowers sent to the stateroom. Has it been removed? Am I looking in the wrong place? If it has, any suggestions on how to get a price list for flowers?

There used to be a link on the RCI website where you could book Romance Packages and even have flowers sent to the stateroom. Has it been removed? Am I looking in the wrong place? If it has, any suggestions on how to get a price list for flowers?

I see it listed on this page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/RomanceAtSea.do

However, when I click on the link, I don't get any more info. Maybe a broken link.

I had the grand romance package on Radiance in Nov, it included fresh flowers among other things. They were great, lasted the whole cruise and all in all it was well worth the money. Trying to find how to book it on the website is difficult though.

Greetings, go to "Before you Board" in the drop down go to "Shop Gifts and Gear" then go to "gifts and gear aboard". Everything should be there.

Greetings, go to "Before you Board" in the drop down go to "Shop Gifts and Gear" then go to "gifts and gear aboard". Everything should be there.

It's not there. That's the thing. I wonder if it has been discontinued. I was just on Allure in Dec., and the packages were there. Now they are gone. :( I wanted to order a package for my next cruise.

You're right! It isn't there anymore. You also used to be able to 'shop' Gifts and Gear from the Pre Cruise Planner in your active reservation, but although Gifts and Gear is still listed, there's no button so you can't go there.

You can still get other things going to Gifts and Gear under Before You Board, but there are no flowers anymore and no Romance packages. I wonder if these things are gone for good or if they are revising the romance packages and flowers.

Judy

crmallett, since the packages aren't appearing on Gifts & Gear at this time, I would suggest giving RCI's 'bon voyage' department a call at (800) 722-5443. They can advise of availability, and take your order for what is available. Robes, flower arrangements, wine, etc. are showing on RCI's website, (and you can typically purchase flowers on board as well). :)

Floral Expressions have returned, but only 3 arrangements. They are all roses and all for Valentine's Day.

Romance packages are still missing.

Still no answer from RCCL as to what is happening, but I have emailed them to find out more.

For all the WOW factors RCCL have with their ships, there is definitely a lack of WOW with their Gifts & Gear. I would love to spend more money with them, just give me something worthwhile to spend it on! - OK, stepping off soap box.......

Scott

We were supposed to get a romance package :rolleyes: as a perk from our TA. I'll be somewhat miffed if they've been discontinued. I figure our TA will owe us another gift worth $100. The overwhelming amount of freebies is why we went with a large online TA for the Allure cruise instead of my usual small TA.

(Note that the eye rolling smiley above is because to us it's just food and a picture frame. No romance involved)

Floral Expressions have returned, but only 3 arrangements. They are all roses and all for Valentine's Day.

Romance packages are still missing.

Still no answer from RCCL as to what is happening, but I have emailed them to find out more.

For all the WOW factors RCCL have with their ships, there is definitely a lack of WOW with their Gifts & Gear. I would love to spend more money with them, just give me something worthwhile to spend it on! - OK, stepping off soap box.......

Scott

Agreed, makes me rethink my cruises in December. I sail with them because of the "Wow" factor. This takes a lot of the fun out of the cabin if you can't set up something for a romantic celebration

So we leave on the Oasis on Saturday and a month ago I ordered the birthday celebration package that included flowers shaped like a cake. Yesterday I received a email stating that the flowers were not available and would they would just give me the decorations. Maybe there is a flower shortage just like there is a escargot shortage :eek:

When we were on Brilliance last week, the CD announced at the top tier party that RCL had decided to eliminate the onboard florists fleet wide. She had just given an arrangement to the top points cruiser, and said that was the last arrangement they'd ever give out, because the florists were being eliminated starting 1/1.:(

When we were on Brilliance last week, the CD announced at the top tier party that RCL had decided to eliminate the onboard florists fleet wide. She had just given an arrangement to the top points cruiser, and said that was the last arrangement they'd ever give out, because the florists were being eliminated starting 1/1.:(

So what happens to all the packages we have ordered? I would hope they give us flat refunds on what we purchased so we can either purchase something else or take the money back. I ordered 4 sets of flowers for my wife for our anniversary cruise, last thing i want is 4 or 8 dozen roses show up in the room.

No more on-board florists. Now that makes sense. I wonder why Gifts & Gear could not have given that answer / explanation instead of "Place another order."

I really wish there was more 'WOW' in the Gifts & Gear selections. I think they are missing out on a lot of revenue with such a poor offering.

So, here's (approximately :rolleyes:) how my conversations with my TA and RCI just went:

TA: How may I help you

Me: I have a question about the perks I'm supposed to be getting from you on my upcoming cruise. RCI appears to no longer be offering romance packages. I'd like to know how you'll handle this.

TA: We confirmed all the romance packages for your cruise already.

Me: But now they are no longer offering them

TA: But we confirmed it already, so they have to honor it

Me: How can they honor it if they don't even have the items on board any more?

TA: We confirmed it, so you will have it on the ship.

Me: Well I guess if we don't get what we were promised, I'll be sending you an e-mail from the ship

Snotty TA: It's already been confirmed

Me: OK thank you bye

<turns around and beats head against wall>

Two minutes later...

RCI: Hi, how may I help you plan the vacation of a lifetime?

Me: Well, actually I already have a reservation but it's with a clueless TA so maybe you can answer a question about gifts and gear.

RCI: I can help with gifts and gear

Me: I'd like to know what happened to the romance packages; they're no longer on your website

RCI: We still have romance packages

Me: No you don't

RCI: I'm sure they're still available

Me: I'm looking at the website right now and they are not there

RCI: OMG, YOU'RE RIGHT. WOW! I HAD NO IDEA

Me: <face palm> I'm not surprised

RCI: Well, I can try to check your reservation to see if the package is listed but I may not be able to because it's through a TA. What's your reservation number?

Me: 123456789

RCI: No, I can't see it, but I will make a note of this and try to find out what's going on

Me: Good idea. You'll probably be getting more calls once more people on Cruise Critic see the post about it :p

RCI: Anything else I can help you with

Me: No thank you, have a good night

<continuing to beat head against wall>

somebody please pass me a glass of wine.

Just spoke to C&A, the woman I spoke to had no idea about this, but she checked for me and confirmed that there are indeed no more flowers other than these roses being mentioned. I'm schooled that they didn't tell the C&A reps about this

Ha ha. I was drafting my post when you posted this. It's pretty sad that the reps are kept in the dark so much.

I still have no idea what I will or will not get when I get on the ship. The TA promised us a romance package (or as I like to call it, a $100 non-romantic package of food & stuff) so if we don't get that, maybe RCI will just give it to us as OBC? I'd think they'd have to refund the money to the TA though. Not sure how this would be handled and nobody can tell me.

I am NEVER straying from my small TA ever again. The large online ones suck :mad:

Thanks for the chuckle Karen.:)

Anything for you. Bob :)

I hope people who are cruising this week or next, and had a romance package ordered, can report back as to whether or not they actually got what they paid for. I know it won't be a huge percentage of passengers who buy these, but maybe at least one could let us know :confused:

Karen's experience is hilarious, only because it did not happen to me. ;)

We enjoyed the classic romance package and some flowers in our last cruise. It is disappointing that they have decided to discontinue this. I wonder if the agricultural restrictions of various countries had something to do with the decision.

Wow, this is good information. We are sailing in March on Oasis and my son is getting engaged. I have a big event planned as a royal romance package that includes flowers and also have special flowers ordered. I have not heard a word the flowers were cancelled. I will call them today. I did it all over the phone so did not look at website. Thanks for the heads up.

I just called Royal and was told the orchids I ordered for march 1 and roses for March 2 Oasis were still a go with no cancellation. Odd that they can not be ordered online now only by phone. I will keep checking as even calling can result in mis-information. :confused: