Penguin poop!

Can'tstopcruising

You'd think they'd be potty-trained by now. http://penguins.nhl.com/

Where will you be? When I went on a day tour to the penguin island off of Ushuaia, I didn't see so much poop that I to worry about it. Trips most cruisers take there are just on boats that stay offshore the island. I wonder how many places there are that you'd be walking around so many penguins that it's a concern. If it is, I'm sure you could buy shoe/boot covers that can be washed or thrown away.

Edited by Fattony

Also not a problem when we visited the Magellanic Penguin colonies at Peninsula Valdez (near Puerto Madryn, Argentina) and at Otway Sound (near Punta Arenas, Chile) in Feb. 2013. Visitors walk on well-formed pathways there, with relatively little penguin excrement on the pathways, at least on the dry days when we visited.

In contrast, during a visit to a penguin colony on East Falkland Isl. in Feb. 2010 (on a very rainy day), our boots became quite soiled with a mixture of mud and excrement. However, hiking around on the wet ground for an extended period after leaving the colony was sufficient to clean off most of the offending material, and the rest subsequently washed off without too much difficulty. Some people bring disposable shoe-protectors that are sold to house painters (and others) in hardware stores, and that is probably a good idea, at least for the Falklands.

John