Chance of future WCs on Marina/Rivera??

zoncom

My NY resolution is a future World cruise. I find Insignia too small but would love the two larger ones. What do you O experts think of possibilities? Talking several yrs. in future. Thanks.

The larger ships may not be able to get into some of the small ports included in a WC. Many book these cruises because of the unusual stops.

A reception clerk told someone in my hearing -- when he asked about the possibility of Marina or Riviera doing one of the longer itineraries in Asia rather than one of the "R" ships -- said that one problem is filling the ship. The longer the itinerary, the fewer possible passengers. Retirees can do a longer cruise but those still working cannot.

It made sense to me ... and I suppose the World Cruise would be even more difficult.

Food for thought.

Mura

My NY resolution is a future World cruise. I find Insignia too small but would love the two larger ones. What do you O experts think of possibilities? Talking several yrs. in future. Thanks.

On the upside, I believe that it probably will happen....

The downside is that I believe that it won't happen for at least a decade.

Winter 2025 may be your season in the Sun! :D

I agree about the need to fill the Ships. Easier to do with segments. Regent had 300 or so world cruisers but over time there was trouble to fill the ships

I had always thought I would do a Regent World Cruise but would also consider an O one if on Marina or Riviera

Not all WCs are created equal.

Most of them are in the 100 - 115 days range. The 2 Insignia cruises at 180 days each are the exception.

Perhaps it might be easier to fill the ship for a cruise that is just a little over half the length of the Insignia cruise?

Edited by Paulchili

I was a bit put off by the length of the World Cruise at first myself, but I must say, after examining the first two itineraries, that the unhurried pace that such a length gives the voyage is very unique and special.

People of an age and economic bent to take a World Cruise simply cannot do "If this is Monday, then this must be Belgium" for two, three or four months, either.

IMHO, once the reviews from the first World Cruise come in, longer rather than shorter World Cruises will become the fashion.