Your Favorite Carnival Breakfast Foods!

The breakfast burritos from Blue Iguana are great if your ship has it. :)

We really enjoyed these as well. One of the few things we really looked forward to. So simple but yet so yummy.

We tried the buffet one morning and it was not very good. We also did the MDR the first sea day and it was ok but nothing worth the wait. Most mornings we ordered room service for coffee and ran down to the BI for the breakfast burritos and brought them back to the room.

I like the omlet station because you can get eggs cooked any way you like. What I don't like is the jelly in the jars. You have to hang on to them so they don't move around and there's no place to put your tray down so that you have a free hand. It's kind of awkward.

There was an item at the Blue Iguana for breakfast that was great, but I don't know what it was. It was not the burrito or the huevos, it was already made up. it was on a fried flat shell about 4" or 5", I think it was some sort of meat and beans. I put salsa and sour cream and it was awesome. Not my typical breakfast. I tried to ask a couple of times what it was, but could never understand the reply. If anyone knows what it was called, I would love to know.

Only a few times, there have been these teeny-tiny quiches about the size of a Reese cup. They are made with little pie crusts and are delicious. I've only seen them on the buffet and only twice.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I've tried them and agree with you.

Here is one that hasn't been mentioned. I like to get a bowl of grits and mix in scrambled eggs. Then I crumble up bacon and mix that in. That is assuming the bacon is crispy. Being from the south I really like grits, but they are tasteless on the ship, so I started adding stuff to made them work.

I also like the Norlander bread with peanut butter and marmalade. Never heard of Norlander bread? Here is a pic.

3776515813_d6b9bedd51.jpg

When I am trying to be good, I fix a bowl of Raisin Bran and cut up a banana.

Edited by JWGrayson

I forgot about that juice! I drink it every morning and crave for it all day!

I am purchasing a small pitcher when we get to Fort Lauderdale to fill up with the Passion/Guava, so I can make drinks with it later (yes, we ordered from Bon Voyage). A dollar store special- then I don't feel bad when I leave it behind.

Happy Sailing!!!

There was an item at the Blue Iguana for breakfast that was great, but I don't know what it was. It was not the burrito or the huevos, it was already made up. it was on a fried flat shell about 4" or 5", I think it was some sort of meat and beans. I put salsa and sour cream and it was awesome. Not my typical breakfast. I tried to ask a couple of times what it was, but could never understand the reply. If anyone knows what it was called, I would love to know.

Are you talking about the arepas? They are usually filled with cheese and then you can top them with whatever.

Hmmmm........ I'm wondering if it was a pupusa, a picture would definitely help though.

OK, I was totally wrong. I did a search for the arepas, but that was not right. I happened upon the site below and picture #10 is the item I loved. I thought huevos rancheros had eggs, but this item does not look like it has eggs and I don't remember it having eggs. But if the title is correct, this is the item I thought was terrific!

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/02Sea1/index1.html

OK, I was totally wrong. I did a search for the arepas, but that was not right. I happened upon the site below and picture #10 is the item I loved. I thought huevos rancheros had eggs, but this item does not look like it has eggs and I don't remember it having eggs. But if the title is correct, this is the item I thought was terrific!

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/02Sea1/index1.html

Well, since huevos in Spanish is "eggs" I would assume it had eggs too lol I suspect they put a sunnyside egg on that mixture you see in that pic. I'm not an egg fan but the huevos-less huevos ranchero looks pretty darned good!