Seatac -hotel near light rail

familycruzer

I am looking for a Seatac hotel close to the light rail system for easy access to downtown Seattle and offers an airport shuttle. Any suggestions?

I will be arriving two days prior to my cruise and want to sightsee.

Next option is heading straight downtown and I already searched out hotels if I go that direction.

I just want to compare and keep my options open.

I am looking for a Seatac hotel close to the light rail system for easy access to downtown Seattle and offers an airport shuttle. Any suggestions?

Next option is heading straight downtown and I already searched out hotels if I go that direction.

The light rail station at the airport is accessed through the main parking garage, a 10 min. walk from the shuttle bus pick up points. So if you want a hotel with an airport shuttle, you'd just ride the shuttle back and forth from the airport in order to catch the train. Kind of a lengthy schlep, as the train takes 40 min. on top of the time needed to wait for the shuttle at the hotel and the train at the airport station.

If you stay downtown there are several hotels located very close (a couple next door) to the light rail stations. More expensive, also more convenient.

Just about all the airport hotels have a free shuttle to take you to/from the airport where you will catch the Light Rail. It's a 7-10 minute walk to the Light Rail Station but it's thru the parking garage so it's well lit and covered.

Downtown hotels tend to be pricey but look at the Seattle Center/Space Needle area where hotels are a little less expensive .... Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Quality Inn. From there you can walk to the Seattle Center and catch the monorail to Westlake Center. The Market is a 3 block walk from Westlake. Go first thing in the morning ..... the crowds get overwhelming by 11am.

We always fly into SecTac, take the light rail to downtown and stay at The Mayflower. It's across the street with Westlake (rail) station and walking distance to everything (Pikes Place, shops, etc)

Then we take a cab to the port.

We always fly into SecTac, take the light rail to downtown and stay at The Mayflower. It's across the street with Westlake (rail) station and walking distance to everything (Pikes Place, shops, etc)

Then we take a cab to the port.

That may offset the price of an extra transfer fee. We each will most liekly have two bags but I think we could handle it.

If we are flying SW is it easy to find the light rail from their terminal?

I think it is easy to find the light rail from the terminal, but I am familiar with SEATAC. Gardyloo has included directions in his post.

The Mayflower Park is my favorite Seattle hotel, and for the past several years it is the only Seattle hotel we have used. The location is wonderful, but be aware that the entire hotel is non-smoking. Since we are non-smokers we view that as a positive, but a smoker may not. Also, Andaluca, the in-hotel restaurant, has wonderful breakfasts -- very, very large so we often just have a cup of chowder or something similar, for lunch.

Hi Darlene !

I will be on the Golden Princess May 24th. I searched for weeks looking for a place downtown Seattle that was under $225. Most prices were much higher or I didn't like the location or the hotel reviews. We would have to get a shuttle to the hotel and then another to the port. Reluctantly I looked at SeaTac. After many hours of research I found the Hilton Seattle Airport and Convention Center. They have free airport shuttle to the hotel. The rate I got started by looking for the room ( AAA rate ) and then special promotions. They have a ton of special programs from tailgating to shopping etc. I booked the hotel room and 2 transports to the cruise pier. Seattle Express does the transport and I have to call 2 weeks before to book the transport. Knowing me I will call 1 week also as well as 2 days before. They were charging

$131 + taxes. Next door to the hotel is the building for the light rail station. I would feel comfortable doing the rail during the day but not at night. I don't know the area . I have the Princess transport returning from the ship. I have to call Princess because we will be doing walk off and I want the bus to leave as soon as it fills up. Although I have this booked , I will continue to look but presently this looks best for me.

Sali

If we are flying SW is it easy to find the light rail from their terminal?

Very easy! Baggage claim is on Fl 3. Collect your bags, then take any elevator/escalator up to the 4th Fl). You'll see signage directing you to walk thru the garage. And there will be other people heading there you can follow.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Public-Transit.aspx

I'm a Seattlite and my suggestion is to skip Sea Tac. The area is not the best and what you save on the price of the hotel you lose on the travel time and ambience of downtown. If you need a clean, safe, cheap place to stay and dont mind a twenty plus minute bus ride downtown stay north of the city at the Edmonds Travelodge. It's the cleanest friendliest hotel for $65 a night you can find. I stayed there twice while in the middle of moving.

Locals avoid the Sea Tac neighborhood at all costs.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Forums mobile app

I make the drive from north Seattle to this neighborhood often once a week, when I can, because it's the cemetery my parents chose. Bringing flowers.

I make sure my doors are locked, and keep a sharp eye out for whats going on around me. The cemetery doesn't scare me, but the drive to & from the area can be nerve wracking. There is often lots of police activity at the little cheap motels on the side of the road. These aren't the kinds of places tourists would stay - but it's really not a great area. It's not the only part of Seattle you need to be careful of, but I wouldn't want my car to break down there.

I

Except those of us who live there, as I have, for over 13 years.

International Boulevard is a little skeevy in places--I won't argue that--but I think you're being a little melodramatic in painting all of SeaTac as a crime-ridden hellhole. There are some perfectly good hotels there, south of Hwy 518. I would not have put my elderly mother and her four sisters in one if I hadn't thought so.

If you want to sightsee in Seattle, a hotel in SeaTac probably isn't the best choice--unless you have a car and don't want to pay the earth for parking it during your stay...unless you're arriving very late or flying out very early...unless you have some other good reason that makes it the best location for you. Please don't awful-ize and scare people away from what may be a perfectly good option for them.

Just want people to know there are better options. It's just friendly advice for those who have never been here. SeaTac is rated 3 out of a possible 100 by Crimewatch so you do need to be aware of which hotel you select. No it is not the OK Corrall but if you rent a car or stay in the least expensive hotels there are some concerns.

I provided the link for

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/wa/seatac/crime/

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Forums mobile app