Deals during spring break week?

Luv2Cruise1980

How big of a family? 3 or 4 or more?

Where do they want to go from (nyc, florida, eyc...) and where are they traveling from. The cruise might be less expensive but flights might kill the deal. For instance, I picked a Nyc cruise because it would cost me close to $3500 just to fly my family of 4 from Toronto to Florida.

What is considered too expensive? For me if I can find a cruise for 4 in the 3000-3500 range for a balcony, I think it is a decent deal.

And same as above...When is your spring break.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Edited by xcell

Spring break is really a "season" that runs from late February to some time in April. If you find a week that is less, it's because that week is in less demand - there will still be kids and possibly college kids, but probably not as many. Higher demand = higher prices. Same goes for Christmas/New Year's cruises. You will also notice prices are higher for Alaskan cruises from mid-June to Labor Day because schools are out and increasing demand.

This close to spring break, the prices should only rise.

Has anyone seen any discounts in the past during the weeks of spring break for ncl? I have family that would like to join us but, it is just way too pricey! Wondering if the prices will go down at all as the dates get closer for a very high demanding week?

For this year? It's a little late for that ....

Our spring break begins april 13th. The ship will be breakaway leaving from ny. My family reside in nj so no flight needed. Tickets now on ncl for a family of 4 is 6000+. Im hoping it would drop down so we can go as a nice group. Well, i'll still cross my fingers and pray i'd guess. Thank you for the replies.

Our spring break begins april 13th. The ship will be breakaway leaving from ny. My family reside in nj so no flight needed. Tickets now on ncl for a family of 4 is 6000+. Im hoping it would drop down so we can go as a nice group. Well, i'll still cross my fingers and pray i'd guess. Thank you for the replies.

Ours does too, but the colleges run from February through March and other schools usually March through April. Anyway, as you know, deals can be had a year in advance, but it's hard this close to sail date. Have them check right after final payment. If it's going to drop, it will drop at that point. Good luck to them!!

I booked my spring break cruise out of NOLA (mid march) a year ago. Last time I checked, prices in same category, neighboring state room were $1000 more than I paid a year ago.

I don't think you're going to get much of a discount. Especially leaving out of NYC.

Plan for next year!

When local schools are on spring break, the the dates approach, high prices can generally be expected on sailing from the nearby ports (and on flights from a nearby airport). My general impression from past years is that prices tend to go up, not down.

That said, the current Breakaway prices are very high for that week. In fact, those prices are so darn high, they could perhaps drop back some after final payment (For example... families may be holding high priced reservations now hoping for a price drop or lucky lottery ticket; if their budgets are too tight as final payment approaches, some families may have to cancel, leaving NCL with more cabins to sell after final payment, leading to possible price drops from the current high prices, though probably not to bargain prices).

If they are willing and able to leave early (April 10), the other family could get likely get a longer cruise for less money from Royal Caribbean or Carnival. Two cabins for two maybe the same or less than four people in one cabin, so price it both ways. I would not encourage parents to pull kids out of school, but many do so with no apparent damage;)

Nope! its a balcony suite. But believe it or not, even the inside cabins for 4 are $6000+.

I know some parents do take their kids out of school to go on vacation but, i don't think i'd do that. With the way BOED is nowadays, they'll be missing out on so much work. Def not worth it.

Rather pay more during the time they're off and not worry about it.