Cruise Line Help

SailingSista

Hi, my first post! My sisters and I have decided to plan a Cruise for the Spring of 2015. Well, we've decided to go, I'm in charge of planning. We've decided on the Greek Isles. One sister has been on a cruise once before with NCL. I've never cruised and neither has the other sister. Anyway, here's the question. I am a huge mythology fan and would love to see Athens. After my admittedly very brief initial look around the Web, I believe Santorini is also a must. Time constraints limit us to a 7 day cruise and I can't seem to find any cruise line that hits both on a 7 day. Is this true? If not, which ones do? If so, is Athens the ONLY place for mythology buffs to get their fix? I'm the only one so I wouldn't insist on Athens just for me but would surely be disappointed if on a trip of a lifetime for me, I missed a vital part of what I want to experience (mythology based history sites and such).

Thanks in advance for any info/help. I'll accept any other advice as well, this cruise business is intimidating! Oh and it would be in May of 2015 and none of us travel much at all, let alone outside of the U.S. so again, ANY advice in general with the planning is appreciated and welcome.

Although itineraries for 2015 for Celebrity's Europe cruises won't be released until this spring, here is an offering for this year that should suit your needs and is likely to be available for next year.

It's a 7 day on the Silhouette (a great ship)

Departing-Venice, Italy

Sailing to:

Kotor, Montenegro

Santorini, Greece

Athens (Piraeus), Greece

Katakolon, Greece

Returning-Venice, Italy

Venice is amazing and Kotor is one of the most beautiful ports we've sailed into. Plus you'll have three great Greek ports.

To be honest with you since you have some specific wants re cruise and a time set,your best bet would be to find a good TA who delas in cruises as he/she would be of great help to you. they do not charge and often can save you some money in the end.You have enough time to do this and some reading on all the places you want to see.

Hi, my first post! My sisters and I have decided to plan a Cruise for the Spring of 2015. Well, we've decided to go, I'm in charge of planning. We've decided on the Greek Isles. One sister has been on a cruise once before with NCL. I've never cruised and neither has the other sister. Anyway, here's the question. I am a huge mythology fan and would love to see Athens. After my admittedly very brief initial look around the Web, I believe Santorini is also a must. Time constraints limit us to a 7 day cruise and I can't seem to find any cruise line that hits both on a 7 day. Is this true? If not, which ones do? If so, is Athens the ONLY place for mythology buffs to get their fix? I'm the only one so I wouldn't insist on Athens just for me but would surely be disappointed if on a trip of a lifetime for me, I missed a vital part of what I want to experience (mythology based history sites and such).

Thanks in advance for any info/help. I'll accept any other advice as well, this cruise business is intimidating! Oh and it would be in May of 2015 and none of us travel much at all, let alone outside of the U.S. so again, ANY advice in general with the planning is appreciated and welcome.

There are quite a few offerings this May. Here are just a few:

NCL Jade (7 day cruise) –r/t Venice (Dubrovnik, Croatia; Athens, Greece; Izmir [Ephesus] Turkey; Split, Croatia; Venice, Italy)

Read about the mythology of Ephesus here: http://www.istanbulportal.com/Anatolia/Ephesus.aspx

RCCL Splendour of the Seas (7 days) - r/t Venice (Kotor, Montenegro; Corfu, Greece; Athens, Greece; Mykonos, Greece; Argostoli, Greece; Venice, Italy)

MSC Fantasia (7 days) - r/t Bari (Bari, Italy; Olympia, Greece; Santorini, Greece; Athens, Greece; Corfu, Greece; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Venice, Italy; Bari, Italy))

Edited by dogs4fun