Royal Caribbean beverage packages

I've been on over 55 Royal Caribbean cruises - just love them. However, this drink package is new - and I will be sailing on the Liberty in February, 2014. We are interested in purchasing the Ultimate package - my husband loves his beer - but not Bud or Coors - he likes Heinken or other beers. The package does have a disclaimer as follows:

"Package does not include room service or in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages."

As far as I am concerned Heinken is NOT a specialty beer and they don't provide a copy of the bar menus - you'd think I would have them memorized by now!

Anyone have any input on what is included in the Ultimate package - I know when I was on the Majesty a few months back - they did offer the "Select" and "Premium" on the 4 day cruise and people were complaining that it included only bar liquor and crappy beer. I have not sailed with the "Ultimate" package yet and wonder if they just threw in bottled water and couple other things but not half way decent beer or wine.

progress.gif

Below is a link to a posting that has a list of many of the beers available. Those with an asterisk are excluded from any of the packages. There are 32 beers included and 9 excluded, including Guinness. http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

I do not know if the "beer cocktails" are included or not. They do not have an asterisk, but some of them include Guinness.

On our last Royal cruise we purchased the Premium Beverage Package - and it worked out for us! On that trip, we purchased the beverage package online before leaving home. As with anything purchased online prior to the cruise (excursions, specialty dinners), the charge was applied to our credit card before we had even boarded NoS. This left us with a LOT of OBC that we had to "work" to spend onboard.

In April, we will be sailing on Jewel of the Seas. This time, we want to wait and purchase the drink package when we board. Any idea where we do that? Is there a special place to go?

Thanks,

Lori

On our last Royal cruise we purchased the Premium Beverage Package - and it worked out for us! On that trip, we purchased the beverage package online before leaving home. As with anything purchased online prior to the cruise (excursions, specialty dinners), the charge was applied to our credit card before we had even boarded NoS. This left us with a LOT of OBC that we had to "work" to spend onboard.

In April, we will be sailing on Jewel of the Seas. This time, we want to wait and purchase the drink package when we board. Any idea where we do that? Is there a special place to go?

Thanks,

Lori

IIRC, Lori, there is a table on the promenade as you board where they are selling the packages. Also, I think you are able to buy the package at many bars, if that table is packed.

Will OBC be available for use the first day? We would like to also use our OBC to pay for our drink packages.

If you have a cash account/credit card/debit card associated with your on-board account, you should be able to "charge" the package even if your OBC has not yet shown up. My experience has been that the OBC is not sorted out and applied until day 2 or 3 in some cases. However, it would then be applied to your existing balance.

Below is a link to a posting that has a list of many of the beers available. Those with an asterisk are excluded from any of the packages. There are 32 beers included and 9 excluded, including Guinness. http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

I do not know if the "beer cocktails" are included or not. They do not have an asterisk, but some of them include Guinness.

Any one know if the beer cocktails are included?

• 1 month later...

We are sailing Liberty on a Med cruise in June. Vintages is our favorite spot as is the pub. We are wondering if the Premium package includes any of the dispensed wines from Vintages as well as the premium draft beer like Harp etc at the pub? Anyone know? Thanks so much

We are sailing Liberty on a Med cruise in June. Vintages is our favorite spot as is the pub. We are wondering if the Premium package includes any of the dispensed wines from Vintages as well as the premium draft beer like Harp etc at the pub? Anyone know? Thanks so much

The drink packages do not include wine from the wine dispensers.

Wow! That is very good to know! That's my favorite spot so I'd hate to waste money on the beverage package then. What about beer and specialty beers from the pub? I'm pretty sure the only wine offered at vintages is from dispensers. Is that in fact the case?

Wow! That is very good to know! That's my favorite spot so I'd hate to waste money on the beverage package then. What about beer and specialty beers from the pub? I'm pretty sure the only wine offered at vintages is from dispensers. Is that in fact the case?

Regarding Vintages, they have bar staff there, and you can get a variety of wine by the glass. If poured by bar staff, then the wine would be covered by your drink package, up to the package limit.

We are in an owners suite on Allure. Is there a concierge lounge to go to in the evening before dinner? We did Alaska last June and went every evening.

We are undecided on a drink package for Allure.

We are in an owners suite on Allure. Is there a concierge lounge to go to in the evening before dinner? We did Alaska last June and went every evening.

Yes, there is a spectacular two deck concierge lounge on Allure. Complimentary made-to-order breakfast and lunch, in addition to the evening cocktail hour like you experienced on the Alaska cruise.

Edited by clarea

Regarding Vintages, they have bar staff there, and you can get a variety of wine by the glass. If poured by bar staff, then the wine would be covered by your drink package, up to the package limit.

Any clue on imported English beers from the pub?

Sorry I meant are they all included in the premium package? We know what's offered just not what's covered. The package wasn't offered when we last sailed and we are contemplating purchasing it for our next cruise

I don't know for sure if this is still the case, but in the previous incarnation of the drink package, only the beers with an asterisk (on the menu linked above) were excluded.

You may want defer your drink package purchase until you are on board, so you can determine exactly what is included.

Edited by clarea

Our friends are in a grand suite and they are diamond. Would they also have access to the concierge lounge on the Allure?

Yes, guests in a Grand Suite have access to the CL.

We sailed on the Oasis 2 years ago. We were also in a suite. The Concierge Lounge is fantastic, with wonderful wait staff that will replenish your drink in the evening as often as you wish. I did notice some of the guests from the CL taking a fresh drink down to the MDR for their dining pleasure. :) no issues. Personally, we will not purchase a drink package because the lounge offers waters, juices and coffees during the day and gratis cocktails in the evening. We might perhaps purchase a wine package for dinner.....

Edited by Dr. Pam

You could go any time during the day and get water or just when the CL is open? We will probably just do the wine package as suggested.

What floor is the CL on Allure?

Entrance is on deck 11.

....in the Royal Replenish non-alcoholic package, does anyone know what is meant by 'premium coffees' ? The only 'premium coffees' that I know are the ones made by Starbucks....are those included?

Also, in the Concierge Lounge for D+ and up.....does one receive alcoholic drinks (besides wine) during the Happy Hour?

I saw on the Wine menu where the Clos du Bois wines by the bottle cost $39 :eek: yikes!! Even with Ontario's very high liquor taxes...I only pay $16 at my local liquor store. It is lovely wine, though.

Thanks for any information!!!

Joyce :D