kids and cruises

fostermummy83

Iam currently searching for a cruise to go on in December and I found a cruise on Carnival Breeze going to Grand Turk, Ocho Rios Jamaica, and Nassau Bahamas. This will be my partner and myself first cruise along with us we are going to take our kids by the cruise they will be 4yo and 6yo. So I have 3 questions......

1. Will the kids enjoy the cruise just as much as we will or are we better off at this age taking them on Disney cruise?

2. Disney cruise have different rates from adults to kids like 300.00 difference do Carnival do the same thing or is it one set price pp?

3. If my partner and I get a passport and just carry kids birth certificate and school ID will they allow that?

Looking for experienced cruisers help with these questions:confused:;):)

Edited by fostermummy83

Having done 2 Disney cruises but never sailed the Breeze but do know of the amenities. I believe your kids will have just as much fun on Carnival Breeze. My best friend have sailed both and her recently turned 6 yr old had a blast on the breeze last summer.

Regarding the kids a passport would really be all you need. Unless a biological parent is not traveling, then I would suggest a notorized letter from the parent that's not the traveling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

The BC for the kids is all you'll need....under 16 doesn't need a photo ID.

Generally, if you are all in one cabin, the 1st 2 people are the posted rate, and the 3rd and 4th people are a bit less per person. If you book connecting cabins, each "couple" will pay the going rate.

Iam currently searching for a cruise to go on in December and I found a cruise on Carnival Breeze going to Grand Turk, Ocho Rios Jamaica, and Nassau Bahamas. This will be my partner and myself first cruise along with us we are going to take our kids by the cruise they will be 4yo and 6yo. So I have 3 questions......

1. Will the kids enjoy the cruise just as much as we will or are we better off at this age taking them on Disney cruise?

2. Disney cruise have different rates from adults to kids like 300.00 difference do Carnival do the same thing or is it one set price pp?

3. If my partner and I get a passport and just carry kids birth certificate and school ID will they allow that?

Looking for experienced cruisers help with these questions:confused:;):)

1: we do not know your kids and what they like/don't like so cannot answer that at all

2: 1st 2 people in the cabin pay full price regardless of age. the 3rd and 4th will pay less but not always a lot less. Kids sail free( or greatly reduced) is rare and usually during off season

3: and what will you do if something happens and you all have to fly home? without PP for the kids you have just made it three times as stressful.

Our kids have done Disney, RCCL & Princess. Had a great time on all cruises. Disney definitely knows kids, but the kids had just as good a time on all the cruises. They say the beaches, pool & family time are the best part--good on any cruise.

Typically 3rd & 4th passengers are discounted on all lines.

NO ONE needs a passport when cruising from the US to the Caribbean. Certified birth certificates are needed for all, plus government ID for those over 16. Passport works fine for all as well.

(yes, we can all play the "what if" card...ironically, most people who travel with passports do NOT take it to port with them, but leave it locked in their cabin safe...so if you are trapped in a foreign country, head to the nearest embassy..trust me, they will get you home...of course if you don't get back to the ship on time, it is more than likely your fault & that's a whole headache I'm not willing to deal with....)

Edited by KKB

My daughter's first three cruises were on Carnival and she had a lot of fun. She would wake up in the morning and ask, "Is ship school open yet?"

We have always been able to get the third passenger rate for her on all of our cruises. Other than port taxes, government fees and auto gratuities (the first two are mandatory, and we would never consider taking off the tips for the girl), I think her fare on our last cruise which was a two-week holiday one on Princess was about 60 per cent of our fare.

After her first cruise, when we figured out it was fun to go with her, we got her a passport. She was 3 years old then. Since then, she's gone on seven more cruises and we've renewed her passport twice. In a few years, she can renew it for ten years. It's a nice photo ID for her, especially as she's not eager to learn to drive.

And to clarify the post above: as I understand it, if you miss getting back on board and the ship is about to sail with out you (which you should try to make sure doesn't happen), the staff will see who's not back on board (whose ship card wasn't scanned at the gangway as returning), go to the cabin and open the safe for passports, etc. The items removed will be given to the port agent (a good reason to take the daily newsletter with you off the ship is that the agent's info will be clearly on the front page).

If you don't have passports and need to fly to the next port or even home, the embassy will be trying to get you passports, but of course at the expedited price. You can play risk or what if. But if things happen, it can be costly and certainly the cruise line is not going to pick up the cost.

1. The Carnival kids clubs are wonderful, some say they are better than Disney. People report that the counselors interact with the kids more and on Disney they watch movies and rely on the Disney effect to be the kids entertainment.

2. Kids pay 3rd and 4th passenger rates which are lower than the first 2.

3. If you are their legal parents then birth certificate is fine. I have no idea what the rule is if you are a foster parent(as your username alludes to)

1. The Carnival kids clubs are wonderful, some say they are better than Disney. People report that the counselors interact with the kids more and on Disney they watch movies and rely on the Disney effect to be the kids entertainment.

2. Kids pay 3rd and 4th passenger rates which are lower than the first 2.

3. If you are their legal parents then birth certificate is fine. I have no idea what the rule is if you are a foster parent(as your username alludes to)

I would imagine if you're a foster parent, there are certain forms you would be expected to take that gives you the authorization to take the kids out of the country. But probably the best place to ask is the county office you report to.

Definitely the Breeze. Our DD had a great time on that ship. The water park and movie theater are outstanding - better than anything offered on any Disney ship. The savings in price will allow you to book amazing excursions.

Just a note - we like Disney, but don't feel that they were anything spectacular that warranted the much higher price.

I would imagine if you're a foster parent' date=' there are certain forms you would be expected to take that gives you the authorization to take the kids out of the country. But probably the best place to ask is the county office you report to.[/quote']

Thank so much for all of the replies.....I'm not taking my foster kids I'm taking my adopted babies but I was just trying to see if they really needed a passport. Your answers were helpful Carnival it is I'm so excited on our first cruise!!!!!:D:p:)

Thank so much for all of the replies.....I'm not taking my foster kids I'm taking my adopted babies but I was just trying to see if they really needed a passport. Your answers were helpful Carnival it is I'm so excited on our first cruise!!!!!:D:p:)

I would take proof that you adopted them, they have very strick laws to protect kids being kidnapped and taken to another country. From all the research I have done, a birth cert is all you need (no passport necessary) and since you adopted them I would be on the safe side and bring your papers :) Have a great time !!! Also, just my 2 cents but I would save money and not do Disney as well, I think they would have a great time in the Camp Carnival, I have heard great things about it !!

We just cruised a few months ago with two other families. Two kids had passports and one only had a birth certificate. All kids traveled with no problems. We have only done Disney with our son and it was amazing both times. We are doing the Breeze in April and I'm worried about the kids club not being as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we have cruised with our daughter since she was 3. First cruise was Disney Dream. A great cruise but a bit pricey. Second was the RCCL Allure. She loved the Allure club just as much if not more than Disney. We will be cruising for the 3rd time on NCL in March, and her first question was, is there a kids club and when is it open.

So, I would second the comments about saving money and booking amazing excursions.