welcome back party

My husband & I have both sailed on RCCL once before. Will there be a welcome back party?

Will my son be able to attend, he was not around to join us on the last trip or he would have our status & I would not be asking. (He is 5 & has been to a welcome back party on Carnival.)

If it matters we will be on a 10 night cruise on the Grandeur.

My husband & I have both sailed on RCCL once before. Will there be a welcome back party?

Will my son be able to attend, he was not around to join us on the last trip or he would have our status & I would not be asking. (He is 5 & has been to a welcome back party on Carnival.)

You will be invited to the repeater's party if you have joined the Crown & Anchor (C&A) Society, and your C&A number is listed on your booking. Your son will probably not receive an invitation, but they won't mind if you bring him.

been on a few 3 days cruise. No welcome back party or top tier event on my last 3 day cruises. really will love to have them add it in.

True, for cruises less than 7 days, it's up to each individual ship as to whether they have a repeater's party or not.

Edited by clarea

Yes as others have stated there will be a "Welcome Back Party" for repeat cruisers. On my second cruise on the Navigator we got invitations to the Meet and Mingle and Welcome Back Party on the first day.

The Welcome Back Party was held in the theater. Bartenders were coming around with mixed drinks, Sparkling Wine, Red and White Wine but nothing too fancy. It was a nice touch. We heard speeches from the Cruise Director and other cruise directors.

There was also the Captains Welcome Aboard Party which is usually held on the first or second sea day with Moet Chandon Champagne and canapés. This was held in the Promenade.

All in all it was nice to attend the parties but I wonder if you go as a Platinum would there be an additional event?

I'm sure he will be welcomed but I have to say, he'll probably be bored! You may find yourselves not staying for the entire party. ;):)

Good point, but at the Carnival party they had juice & he likes juice... Also it is novel... But we are flexible.

Your son has the same C&A status as you do...

OP said their son has not cruised on RCI before, therefore he is not yet eligible to join C&A. He has sailed Carnival.

My husband & I have both sailed on RCCL once before.... (my son) was not around to join us on the last trip or he would have our status & I would not be asking....

We are on the 6 day Independence. Will they have a welcome back party?!? I think we are one cruise away from Gold status

there is a welcome back party on IOS.. don't remember which night as I never go

also you are gold after your first cruise.. so if 1 away from gold you haven't cruised rccl before.... maybe your 1 cruise short of platinum?

IOS is a wonderful ship enjoy

Rick

We were on a 10 night cruise on the Grandeur in December. They did have a welcome back party, and they do have non-alcoholic drinks available. Your son should be fine, no problem with him attending with you. Enjoy!

there is a welcome back party on IOS.. don't remember which night as I never go

also you are gold after your first cruise.. so if 1 away from gold you haven't cruised rccl before.... maybe your 1 cruise short of platinum?

Ha ha! Yes, I must be one away from Platinum then! Thanks for the tip!