SkySuites on Century...Panorama vs Sports Deck?

jjmock

I have booked an Alaska cruise on Century and am still considering Sky Suite on Panorama vs Sports Deck....there seems to be more availability on Sports Deck and I am wondering why. I have read some old posts but was wondering if anyone has recently been in the Sports Deck Suites and can comment? Thanks!

we have sailed on the Sports deck on Century a few times and loved the location. Best to be near the stairs/elevators we love the 1204 suite......nice balcony.....Pool deck one deck down.....great observation deck location too..

OceanView Cafe one deck down too.... Pool bar and grille convenient too

.With this location you limit use of elevators

Have a great cruise

I have booked an Alaska cruise on Century and am still considering Sky Suite on Panorama vs Sports Deck....there seems to be more availability on Sports Deck and I am wondering why. I have read some old posts but was wondering if anyone has recently been in the Sports Deck Suites and can comment? Thanks!

We were on her in a SS on the Sports deck in August/September. We liked the location.:) Had one near the aft as we were told that they were newer. Not too sure about that.. Here are some photos.

Password is SkySuite

http://s130.photobucket.com/user/New...y%20-%20Alaska

We were in SS 1204 and liked the location. However, one or two nights when the seas were slightly rough, we were kept awake by noise that seemed to come from above us. It sounded like something pounding or banging in the ceiling above us. We checked the deck above us and complained to Guest Relations about it, but it was never resolved. It kept us up all night. I would recommend a Sky Suite on the lower deck because of this noise.

Although they aren't supposed to, we had joggers on the track in the early morning. No one likes to wake up too early to thump, thump thump over their heads.

Our cabin had a lot of creaky noises, especially in high seas. Can't remember the cabin, but it was on the port side and towards the aft end.

The size of the veranda was amazing!

Although they aren't supposed to, we had joggers on the track in the early morning. No one likes to wake up too early to thump, thump thump over their heads.

Our cabin had a lot of creaky noises, especially in high seas. Can't remember the cabin, but it was on the port side and towards the aft end.

The size of the veranda was amazing!

We were on the same cruise as KelliePoodle (Hi Janet) -- and, I can confirm that it was a problem with the Sports Deck Suites. We had a Sky Suite a little further forward, on the Port Side. Every sea day, when we tried to use our balcony, it was like have a Wildebeast stampede overhead! :eek: What really ticked us off was that the offending joggers had to pass a sign that said "no running" and directed passengers to the location of the actual jogging track. We complained to our butler and the GR desk, and it stopped -- for a day or two. :rolleyes:

We agree with those who love the location of the SS on the Sports deck, particularly the first few. We had a family group in 1200 (accessible), 1204 and 1206, and it was perfect. We did occasionally get noise from partying kids above, but it didn't interfere with sleep or enjoyment.

I wanted to warn you to avoid cabins 1202 and 1203. They are smaller than the others, and have smaller balconies. The curve of the hallway is such that cabins 1200/1201 and 1202/1203 are less deep than the others in that class/deck. 1200/1201 more than make up for it because they are accessible,

If those are the only sports deck SS's available, I'd think twice.

We didn't have any joggers or creaky noises overhead or elsewhere in Alaska, but we did have the fog horn blowing every 5 minutes, all night long a couple of nights, and into the day on more than one occasion. Talk about a lack of sleep!:eek:

We agree with those who love the location of the SS on the Sports deck, particularly the first few. We had a family group in 1200 (accessible), 1204 and 1206, and it was perfect. We did occasionally get noise from partying kids above, but it didn't interfere with sleep or enjoyment.

I wanted to warn you to avoid cabins 1202 and 1203. They are smaller than the others, and have smaller balconies. The curve of the hallway is such that cabins 1200/1201 and 1202/1203 are less deep than the others in that class/deck. 1200/1201 more than make up for it because they are accessible,

If those are the only sports deck SS's available, I'd think twice.

Confirm this

Is there a difference in the size of verandas? We have 1209 on a Pacific Coastal cruise in April, and CANNOT wait until we see the veranda...we are early risers, so the joggers won't bother us!

See comment above. All are the same except for those. There is a slight age difference in the suites aft of the elevators. They were added after the big refurbish but that's years ago too.

We have spent several weeks aboard on deck 12 in a sweet and in inside cabins and several of those include AK great location and the balconies up there are huge.

I would recommend them even more on a warm weather cruise for getting out in the sunshine....

Edited by LeftcoastBC

Is there a difference in the size of verandas? We have 1209 on a Pacific Coastal cruise in April, and CANNOT wait until we see the veranda...we are early risers, so the joggers won't bother us!

Just to clarify my earlier point -- we were not awakened by the joggers. Others may have, but we did not hear them in our cabin, with the door tightly closed. But, when we tried to go our on our balcony to eat breakfast (or just enjoy our coffee) we were treated to the BANG-CLANG-THUD of not-so-little feet running across the metal roof of our balcony. :eek:

Suzanne, both of us forgot to mention the soot. More than a few mornings we got up to filthy black smudge all over the balcony.

Janet -- I remember you mentioning that (at the time), but I think you had more problem with it than we did. May have been because you were aft of us. Our cabin was located right under the funnel -- I remember that we could look directly up and see the giant X. :cool:

Don't forget the ping pong tables right outside the elevators next to 1200! As I posted previously it was supposed to stop at 10:00 pm. but people bring heir own paddles & balls & ignore the sign to go home! Especially if they are made so comfortable when provided with easy chairs while awaiting their turn at the table. And the sliding door opening to the deck each time a ball was not returned & activated the electric eye on the door! Woosh! Woosh! open - shut - open - shut! Try sleeping thru that!

About ready to sail on our FINAL X cruise & back to HAL!

:eek:

Don't forget the ping pong tables right outside the elevators next to 1200! As I posted previously it was supposed to stop at 10:00 pm. but people bring heir own paddles & balls & ignore the sign to go home! Especially if they are made so comfortable when provided with easy chairs while awaiting their turn at the table. And the sliding door opening to the deck each time a ball was not returned & activated the electric eye on the door! Woosh! Woosh! open - shut - open - shut! Try sleeping thru that!

About ready to sail on our FINAL X cruise & back to HAL!

:eek:

OMG. That table wasn't there when we sailed in 1200. We did have a problem with teens using that open space as a "hangout" late one night, but a polite request to find a new spot was honored.