Torn Between Aqua and Concierge!

Smurfette76

Thanks again, everyone. Your feedback is helpful and very much appreciated. We have decided to go with at least CC and may spring for AQ just to experience Blu as I am a bit of a foodie and do enjoy a quieter dining experience. Blu's a la carte breakfast menu is appealing as well. The price difference is now not terribly much higher for AQ.

The only issue now is that there's a really great CC cabin #1630 available. It's right on the hump so views will likely be ideal. AQ cabins 1610 and 1591 are both currently available. They get good reviews too so we'll likely splurge on AQ just to try it out. My husband has never cruised before so it might be nice to make his first voyage extra special. He'll also get to celebrate his birthday at sea! :) I think we're on the same page ICANTWAITTOCRUISE and CU64 as I agree it's nice to get a few little extra perks while traveling, especially when celebrating a milestone.

Cheers!

I am a little surprised that more people would take CC vs AQ. We've sailed in both categories on the S-class and would definitely choose the Aqua Class over CC any day. Our CC cabin was very special -- a hump cabin on deck 10. Not only was Blu absolutely fantastic, though, so was the Persian Gardens and don't forget the observation lounge. This was an amazing spot for sail away -- nobody else in the room. We also appreciated the daily water delivery, extra toiletries and even the daily tea. The aromatherapy -- not so much but the facial spray and lip balm were nice little extras as was the shower. I don't think I would pay the extra if those little extras didn't include Blu....but it did and for that, it so made it worth it for us. I liked both the breakfast and dinners and best of all....no dress up required.

Would I pay and extra grand for it, no....but $400 more -- probably, $200 extra -- without a doubt!!

I am a little surprised that more people would take CC vs AQ. We've sailed in both categories on the S-class and would definitely choose the Aqua Class over CC any day. Our CC cabin was very special -- a hump cabin on deck 10. Not only was Blu absolutely fantastic, though, so was the Persian Gardens and don't forget the observation lounge. This was an amazing spot for sail away -- nobody else in the room. We also appreciated the daily water delivery, extra toiletries and even the daily tea. The aromatherapy -- not so much but the facial spray and lip balm were nice little extras as was the shower. I don't think I would pay the extra if those little extras didn't include Blu....but it did and for that, it so made it worth it for us. I liked both the breakfast and dinners and best of all....no dress up required.

Would I pay and extra grand for it, no....but $400 more -- probably, $200 extra -- without a doubt!!

Not everyone considers Blu the best thing since sliced bread. Personally I do not see the attraction to AQ and could care less about a heated lounger in the Persian Gardens. I don't drink tea so delivering it to me daily would be a waste of it. I prefer celebrating sail away with friends and a good drink not all alone in an isolated area of the ship. Some couples are more social than others and a table for two every night would be boring.

I prefer the locations of CC cabins and have never had a problem with noise of any kind. I like the extra cruise credit and extra attention but as far as AQ: I don't ever see myself springing for it. Nothing attractive about it to me.

Each person is different and has different priorities on their vacation. There are cruisers who don't see the point of CC. Some can't imagine sailing in anything but a suite. I have one friend that doesn't see the point of a balcony and sails in an inside cabin.

What I don't understand is the AQ bunch that simply denigrate those cruisers who don't extol all the virtues of Blu that they believe in as if it is some sort of shock to the senses that the rest of the world doesn't think it is a five star restaurant in Manhattan.

I've posted this elsewhere, but we are just returned from a cruise on Equinox in AQ. We absolutely loved the whole experience of Blu. It's the best of the upgraded menus available in specialty restaurants and the comfort of having a waitstaff that gets to know your needs and cater to them (which you don't get if you eat in a bunch of different specialty restaurants.)

I wanted to comment on your cabin choices. My parents and my DH and I were in some of the more forward AQ cabins on Deck 11. We both needed the accessible cabins, so that was our only choice. But the forward location is less convenient IMO - most of the food choices, including Blu, are on the aft side. My sister had 1614 (a Royal Suite), and that was located right by the aft/midship elevators. It was a much better location, IMO. If you could get 1610, that's an outstanding choice. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Just my 2 cents.

To us the biggest downside of Blu was the tables for 2. DH and I eat alone many nights of the year; one of the big pleasures of cruising, that you do not get on most other vacations, is dining with new friends each evening. Dinner turns into entertainment. We have made some lifelong friends from our previous tablemates.

Everyone says 'the tables are so close in Blu that you can easily talk to those next to you' but that's not really true. Not everyone wants to have a conversation with strangers, and it's someone different every night, not like getting to know folks over 10-15 dinners together.

We thought the iced tea was terrible and asked to not have it brought; the lip gloss etc. was meaningless, and we bring our own bouquet of flowers on board, so for us at least a nice balcony cabin in a good location is our choice.

Not everyone considers Blu the best thing since sliced bread. Personally I do not see the attraction to AQ and could care less about a heated lounger in the Persian Gardens. I don't drink tea so delivering it to me daily would be a waste of it. I prefer celebrating sail away with friends and a good drink not all alone in an isolated area of the ship. Some couples are more social than others and a table for two every night would be boring.

I prefer the locations of CC cabins and have never had a problem with noise of any kind. I like the extra cruise credit and extra attention but as far as AQ: I don't ever see myself springing for it. Nothing attractive about it to me.

Each person is different and has different priorities on their vacation. There are cruisers who don't see the point of CC. Some can't imagine sailing in anything but a suite. I have one friend that doesn't see the point of a balcony and sails in an inside cabin.

What I don't understand is the AQ bunch that simply denigrate those cruisers who don't extol all the virtues of Blu that they believe in as if it is some sort of shock to the senses that the rest of the world doesn't think it is a five star restaurant in Manhattan.

I could not have said it better. For us we normally book AQ or CC. In May we booked AQ because it was less then CC. Our Sept cruise we are back in CC because CC cost less than AQ. Richard

I don't think Blu is ll that...however, it certainly beats the food in the MDR

According to the stateroom information CC has priority boarding. For our upcoming cruise CC was only $50 more than a balcony, and for priority boarding $50 was nothing, even if that were the only perk.

Priority boarding is only a separate line when you check in, often the regular lines are shorter.