Superbowl Sunday on Reflection

JEBSON

Superbowl Sunday coincides with the first formal night on Reflection. Does Celebrity host a Superbowl party with food and beverages for those of us that want to watch the game (and commercials) rather than be in the MDR during the game?

Superbowl Sunday coincides with the first formal night on Reflection. Does Celebrity host a Superbowl party with food and beverages for those of us that want to watch the game (and commercials) rather than be in the MDR during the game?

Hi, yes, they will show the game and have all kinds of food/drinks, etc.:)

I sailed on Superbowl Sunday a few years ago on SUMMIT and we had

a blast:D

Hi, yes, they will show the game and have all kinds of food/drinks, etc.:)

I sailed on Superbowl Sunday a few years ago on SUMMIT and we had

a blast:D

They will have a party and serve drinks, it is an opportunity for them to make a lot of money. Don't be surprised if your formal night is changed.

They will have a party and serve drinks, it is an opportunity for them to make a lot of money. Don't be surprised if your formal night is changed.

Hi Don,:) I totally forgot about that......they did change the formal

night! It was scheduled for Sunday but they changed it to Monday.

I don't know if every ship follows that same process or not.

We were on Reflection last year for the Super Bowl and Eclipse the year before. They do burgers wings hot dogs ect. in the back of the theatre. There are a couple of portable bars set up as well and wait service. We found it easier to go up to the bars during breaks in the game.

Only disappointment, the satellite feed for the game is international so none of the big commercials. I recall soccer commercials being played. Celebrity staff did a great job during these breaks to entertain everyone.

When you enter the theatre you pick your side based on who you are routing for. Lots of jerseys and t-shirts representing. Also, Formal night was moved to Monday on both cruises.

We really enjoyed it.

We were on Reflection last year for the Super Bowl and Eclipse the year before. They do burgers wings hot dogs ect. in the back of the theatre. There are a couple of portable bars set up as well and wait service. We found it easier to go up to the bars during breaks in the game.

Only disappointment, the satellite feed for the game is international so none of the big commercials. I recall soccer commercials being played. Celebrity staff did a great job during these breaks to entertain everyone.

When you enter the theatre you pick your side based on who you are routing for. Lots of jerseys and t-shirts representing. Also, Formal night was moved to Monday on both cruises.

We really enjoyed it.

GREAT INFO!! Thanks. I shall come prepared. :D

Well thank goodness formal night is moved. My glow in the dark Viking helmet clashes with my dress. It goes much better with my purple t-shirt, flip flops, and many beers! :D CAN'T WAIT!!

I don't know that every ship changes the formal night. You will have

to find that out on your particular sailing.

Hi Don,:) I totally forgot about that......they did change the formal

night! It was scheduled for Sunday but they changed it to Monday.

I don't know if every ship follows that same process or not.

I would be surprised if they changed the formal night on Reflection Feb 1st cruise to Monday, as we only dock in San Juan at 3:00 PM on Monday. That would not allow folks enough time to enjoy port-time and if memory serves correctly, we sailaway from San Juan around 10:00. Wouldn't make much sense to have a formal night then would it?

I would be surprised if they changed the formal night on Reflection Feb 1st cruise to Monday, as we only dock in San Juan at 3:00 PM on Monday. That would not allow folks enough time to enjoy port-time and if memory serves correctly, we sailaway from San Juan around 10:00. Wouldn't make much sense to have a formal night then would it?

Hi, I am not saying Reflection is going to change it....I was just saying

on my particular cruise it was changed.:)......who knows what they

are doing on your sailing? I was docked in St Croix on this particular

cruise.....and we sailed away early in the evening....everyone was

back on the ship;).

I guess you will find out what will happen first hand after you board

the ship.

Have a great cruise:D

Hi, I am not saying Reflection is going to change it....I was just saying

on my particular cruise it was changed.:)......who knows what they

are doing on your sailing? I was docked in St Croix on this particular

cruise.....and we sailed away early in the evening....everyone was

back on the ship;).

I guess you will find out what will happen first hand after you board

the ship.

Have a great cruise:D

I realize that Ruth R, I'm sure it varies greatly from ship to ship, itinerary to itinerary as to whether they change it or not.

What ship were you one that was docked in St Croix? Was this another year when Super Bowl coincided with formal night?

DH and I were just saying that one positive of them keeping formal night on Sunday if it did coincide with Super Bowl is that the dining room would be less crowded.

I wonder if they might also offer discounts at the specialty dining restaurants that night? Anyone have any insight on that?

I realize that Ruth R, I'm sure it varies greatly from ship to ship, itinerary to itinerary as to whether they change it or not.

What ship were you one that was docked in St Croix? Was this another year when Super Bowl coincided with formal night?

DH and I were just saying that one positive of them keeping formal night on Sunday if it did coincide with Super Bowl is that the dining room would be less crowded.

I wonder if they might also offer discounts at the specialty dining restaurants that night? Anyone have any insight on that?

Hi,:) first if I may...it is Lois;)...not sure who Ruth is:eek:

I was on Summit and yes, it was 4 years ago on Superbowl Sunday.:D

The ship sails from San Juan on a Saturday and the first full day,

(Sunday) was a port day in St Croix and normally that was formal night.

Edited by Lois R