las vegas to long beach-best and safest route?

kdinkus1

Asked this question on another cc forum and was suggested I try asking here to. Leaving first thing in morning and need advice quickly! Thank you (and please don't give me a hard time for not asking sooner!) :)

The best is to fly . The only problem with any route is the mountain passes and the possibility of a heavy snowfall.

If he's driving tomorrow, snow shouldn't be a problem. The weather in the southwest has been warm and dry for a while.

Google Maps says I-15 to 210 to 605 to 105 to 710 takes 4 hrs 6 mins. That's probably as good as any other route on a Saturday morning. I'm in San Diego though, so someone who lives along that particular route may know of construction or other delays that you could go around by choosing other freeways once you get off 15.

The above route is a good way to go. Add a few more hours if leaving Las Vegas on a Sunday or end of a holiday.

If there is an accident on the 15 in the dessert you could be stuck for a while. Another problem area is Barstow and then the Cajon Pass. If you do not like to drive down a 3,000 foot pass all at one then I'd suggest you fly.

Listen to the Desert stations 99.6 or 99.9 for traffic reports. When those are static-y switch to 1070am.

Also download a map of the freeway system-

Asked this question on another cc forum and was suggested I try asking here to. Leaving first thing in morning and need advice quickly! Thank you (and please don't give me a hard time for not asking sooner!) :)

What do you mean by the "safest" route?

It's about a 4.5 hour drive without traffic or stopping. Mostly dessert. I would allocate at least six hours. Traffic out of Vegas can be real bad, traffic in orange county can also be bad.