Labadee advice

nobody_knows_me

We will be there next week! Columbus Beach looks like the farthest beach from the ship. How far of a walk is it? Should we take water shoes?
Sue said 15 minute walk and I agree, maybe longer if you walk slowly. Sometimes [not always] there is a ferry tender from the ship pier to the old tender dock located between Nellie's Beach and Arawak Aqua Park (which is on one end of Columbus Beach). I have been in Labadee when this ferry was running, and I have been there when it wasn't; don't know why; I don't make the rules. There is a sea-side walkway from the tender dock to Columbus, but note that it has a number of steps up and down. Note further that the ferry ride is one way from the ship pier; you can not ride it to the ship pier as this would bypass pier security.

Thom

• 6 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but maybe someone can answer. RCCL has an excursion for the aqua park with the trampolines, but it says the excursion lasts an hour, and you pick a time. Am I correct in assuming that means you only get an hour's worth of time, starting at your start time? Then they kick you off? Can you pay for anything once on the island, or do you have to book ahead of time? I'd like to check it all out and see what my 9 year old daughter is interested in. I can't seem to find an answer to this.

I know this is an older thread, but maybe someone can answer. RCCL has an excursion for the aqua park with the trampolines, but it says the excursion lasts an hour, and you pick a time. Am I correct in assuming that means you only get an hour's worth of time, starting at your start time? Then they kick you off? Can you pay for anything once on the island, or do you have to book ahead of time? I'd like to check it all out and see what my 9 year old daughter is interested in. I can't seem to find an answer to this.

No need to book this in advance. Lots of people feel as you do, wanting to check it out first.

Thank you for responding. Do they allow cash (or require it), or is it all on Sea Pass Cards since it's their island?

SeaPass card for RC things. Cash for tipping the Haitian helpers. There is an artisan market. Some only take cash; some take a credit card. No SeaPass card there. ;)

Got it, thanks so much. I had the excursion sitting in my cart on the RC website, but wanted to check things out first. Trying to gauge how much actual "green dollars" I need to bring along too. This is our second time going on Oasis, but we did the other ports two years ago.

Thank you for responding. Do they allow cash (or require it), or is it all on Sea Pass Cards since it's their island?

We just went and it was SeasPass card for drinks and food, and then cash if you wanted to buy any souvenirs. Keep in mind that the locals are hard bargainers, almost felt like a timeshare presentation! Still walked away with some great stuff though :)

We just went and it was SeasPass card for drinks and food, and then cash if you wanted to buy any souvenirs. Keep in mind that the locals are hard bargainers, almost felt like a timeshare presentation! Still walked away with some great stuff though :)

Can you give details about the "great stuff" you got as souvenirs, also approximate cost of such items would be helpful too. Thanks