Confused..Points System..Gold Status???

RMS95

I don't understand the new tiers. I am about to go on my 4th carnival cruise. And when I log into my account it says I have no prior cruises. I have already contacted CCL to update and I have to submit my old S&S cards as proof. So with my upcoming cruise in May (my 4th with CCL) should I be red or gold?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't understand the new tiers. I am about to go on my 4th carnival cruise. And when I log into my account it says I have no prior cruises. I have already contacted CCL to update and I have to submit my old S&S cards as proof. So with my upcoming cruise in May (my 4th with CCL) should I be red or gold?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That would depend upon how many days your 3 cruises total. They go by number of days sailed now. Someone posted a link a little higher up in the thread that shows you what you would be.

That would depend upon how many days your 3 cruises total. They go by number of days sailed now. Someone posted a link a little higher up in the thread that shows you what you would be.

That is where I am confused because it says for red 2nd sailing you have 24 points and then to get to gold you need 25 points. With my upcoming cruise I will have 26 days. Doesn't make sense to me lol.

There's a link you can click on to add missing cruises. Should be under the past cruise tab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I tried this and I received an email back that said they had a hard time verifying my cruises and to submit either my old S&S cards, boarding tickets, etc so they can update my previous cruises. My cruises were in 2004 and 2006. I didn't think it would be that hard to track them down.

That is where I am confused because it says for red 2nd sailing you have 24 points and then to get to gold you need 25 points. With my upcoming cruise I will have 26 days. Doesn't make sense to me lol.

The way I understand it is that you would be gold if at some point during your upcoming cruise you will have the required number of days. Or that is the way others who have been in your situation have reported it happening. It is sort of confusing when you are on the borderline like that. :)

I understand they have to change things and all, but if you were already one certain level, I think you should have been "grandfathered" in and stay that level. And I might just call them and tell them this!!

:mad:

I will say that changing the reception has made some huge improvements!

We were on the Dream last April at our first experience at a gold/platinum/diamond reception.

It was much less crowded, so the service was greatly improved,

they were serving full sized drinks instead of the baby sized drinks from before.

Great decision on their part!

Thank you for the realism.

Yeaahh they changed the rules on us

and your best tool now to avoid stress and heart attacks over the color of your card is Acceptance!

Myself, I was just two cruises away from Platinum by the end of 2013

and realized I'd never make it. BooHoo!

I accepted the fact I'll probably remain Gold for the rest of my life

but if that's my biggest problem in this life, I AM LAUGHING!:D

Edited by Aplmac

I tried this and I received an email back

that said they had a hard time verifying my cruises and to submit either my old S&S cards, boarding tickets, etc

so they can update my previous cruises.

My cruises were in 2004 and 2006. I didn't think it would be that hard to track them down.

When Cruising became my new religion back in May 2007

I started keeping a detailed record of all my cruises/church-attendances

complete with dates, cabin numbers, booking numbers, Voyage Numbers.

It's come in very handy now and then to prove This and That! :)

our last cruise instead of notifying us the night before about the party we were notify while we were on shore excursion. By the time we got back to the room and discovered it it was to late to go..Did not make us happy. Nor the friends who went to past guest parties in the past but weren't invited this time.Hopefully on our cruise in February we will be notified the night before.

You won't get an invitation to the party until you are Gold again.

Well our upcoming cruise is only 5 nights, so I think that makes us 1 day/night short of being Gold by their new terms. THis really sucks. We are used to being Gold and a part of the past guest party:mad:

our last cruise instead of notifying us the night before about the party we were notify while we were on shore excursion.

By the time we got back to the room and discovered it it was to late to go..Did not make us happy.

Nor the friends who went to past guest parties in the past but weren't invited this time.

Hopefully on our cruise in February we will be notified the night before.

That's quite odd!

Two or three cruises now

we've always come back to the cabin to find two invitations laid out

-the day before!

Edited by Aplmac

ok, I just logged onto Carnivals website, and looked at my profile. I have 19 points and my cruise this WED is 5 nights/6 days, so will I just get 5 points? If so that puts me at 24 points but GOLD status is 25, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My husband and i are both gold and on our last cruise, we did not get an invitation to past passenger party. When we asked if they had one, they said yes. It was an error we didn't get the invite. I was so bummed. We won't miss it this cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ok, I just logged onto Carnivals website, and looked at my profile. I have 19 points and my cruise this WED is 5 nights/6 days, so will I just get 5 points? If so that puts me at 24 points but GOLD status is 25, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My last cruise I ended at 24 days. I never paid attention to my vifp count. But this year upon embarkation I'm gold. My docs already show gold. Don't sweat it. You'll get there. Or you can always book a longer trip and you'll sail the entire time Gold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If there is not one in the cabin on embarkation day I will ask Guest Services about it.

My husband and i are both gold and on our last cruise, we did not get an invitation to past passenger party. When we asked if they had one, they said yes. It was an error we didn't get the invite. I was so bummed. We won't miss it this cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We have never had the invitation in the cabin on embarkation day,

it always shows up the day before the party,

when the steward does the turndown (in the evening).

My experience too, every time.

Edited by Aplmac

OK, so if my status currently says 4 points to gold, and I board for a 7 day cruise, I will get a gold card at check-in (along with the invites, etc) -- even though I won't technically be gold until day 5 of the 7 day cruise?

Sorry, this whole tier program is confusing. :confused:

Yes you change stauts when you board on a cruise that puts you over the points needed for next level. What seams tobe confusing a lot of people is the fact that thier paperwork dosn't show thier new level. Which I am sure is because you have to acctually sail the number of days to get the points. Just think about the yelling that would take place if the paperwork showed new level before you boarded. If foe IE: A person was say at 6 points booked a 7 day cruise didn't show. Then booked a 3 day cruise. Because the no show wouldn't count, they would be at 9points at the end of the 3 day. They would go from having paperwork that said gold to paperwork that said red.