NFL Playoffs

YOWzers

Having just watched the Broncos make it to the AFC final next week, I just wanted to confirm that we will be able to watch the game on board the ship. (Priorities, right?)

We're going to be at sea next Sunday on the Westerdam so I assume that it will be on in the sports bar. Will they have it for sure...or is it contingent on ship positions/satellites etc?

Do you think they would show the games anywhere other than just the sports bar if there is high demand or am I going to have to fight off Patriots fans to get a seat?

Having just watched the Broncos make it to the AFC final next week, I just wanted to confirm that we will be able to watch the game on board the ship. (Priorities, right?)

We're going to be at sea next Sunday on the Westerdam so I assume that it will be on in the sports bar. Will they have it for sure...or is it contingent on ship positions/satellites etc?

Do you think they would show the games anywhere other than just the sports bar if there is high demand or am I going to have to fight off Patriots fans to get a seat?

We have sailed in the Caribbean three straight years during the NFL playoffs. On each occasion, we could watch it in our room, sports bar or in the Neptune Lounge. These cruises have been in the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean waters.

This year, we will be onboard during the Superbowl.

Edited by kjw869

We sail for the Superbowl every year and really enjoy the party that they throw for it. HA does a great job with drink specials, a buffet of football-like food and snacks, etc. They even decorate in the two teams colors and have drink specials. Just remember that you will not get any of the commercials which many enjoy seeing and you will miss dinner in the dining room that night.

... you will miss dinner in the dining room that night.

That depends on the time zone you're sailing in, as the Superbowl is shown live. Twice I was able to get to the game on time after late seating (although I skipped out on dessert).

The Superbowl starts a little before 6:30 PM eastern time.

GO BRONCOS!!!

(sorry, couldn't resist :p)

We watch it every year. The one bummer is that commercials are not showing. During commercials, all you see is a birds eye view of the stadium. Sounds silly but it changes the experience quite a bit (negatively). It gets boring quickly.

Cheers.

Go Patriots !!!!!

If the ship pays to pull down the network signal from the satelite and the ship is in position able to receive the signal, Westerdam will show the game in Sports Bar and on cabin tv's. If they have the signal at all, it is available in cabins. They also may make it a 'tailgate party' as they do for SuperBowl but the playoff games do not usually get the same game day party as SuperBowl does.

Have fun......

Brady vs. Manning....... Again !

Yep, HAL does a great job for football fans.

On our Noordam cruise in early Dec., we had fun with the tailgate parties. Our team wasn't playing, but we could catch the score on the crawls and during the halftime reports.

I'm sure that they'll do a fine job during the playoffs and Superbowl--if the signals and licenses allow them to.