50th birthday ideas for cruise?

lufty70

I have a friend coming along on their first cruise and its his 50th bday while on the cruise... He doesnt' want any fuss or anything, but any ideas for anything I can do to celebrate? They will be getting the drink package so a bottle of wine for the room seems silly.. :) Any other ideas? I am kinda stumped!

I have a friend coming along on their first cruise and its his 50th bday while on the cruise... He doesnt' want any fuss or anything, but any ideas for anything I can do to celebrate? They will be getting the drink package so a bottle of wine for the room seems silly.. :) Any other ideas? I am kinda stumped!

A cake at dinner would not be too much of a big deal.

On my 50th birthday, I paid RCCL to decorate my cabin. They did a nice job with it, and we brought home the items used to decorate and have used them again a few times. Even though they say Royal Caribbean, they are still festive.

On that cruise, I actually went to Johnny Rockets for my birthday dinner, and they made me a real nice ice cream "creation" with a candle and sung happy birthday to me. I felt special.

For my mom's 50th, she did not want a fuss and so "ran away" on a cruise with me and my sister. We hung black crepe paper on her door with a sign that said "Happy Birthday!" She took it down so we hung up more.

She ended up having a lot of fun with it... because all week people she didn't know stopped her to wish her a happy birthday.

Edited by Aggiebuttercup

I can relate I did not want anything either however my brother, sister and respective family thought otherwise. We had a wonderful dinner in Chops to celebrate and then they decorated my cabin somehow and cabin door while we were at dinner. The Cabin door had a very large "Over the Hill" sign with an 8*10 picture of me., They brought the decoration themselves. I left it up there for the trip, many folks wished me a happy birthday throughout the trip some. One surprise was from a couple while were were on the platform in Civitavecchia heading to Rome for the day. It was a short Med cruise.

It proved to be memorable. Have fun.