Carnival is coming back to Norfolk!

TLC371

So I don't post here much, but I saw this on Facebook and had to come share. Our new governor just announced that Carnival will be coming back to Norfolk, starting in 2015. So excited, can't wait to cruise out of Norfolk again!

Here's a link to the article:

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/01/carnival-cruise-lines-will-return-norfolk-2015

No idea if this has been posted yet; could be old news for some. Looks like Carnival will be back in Norfolk in 2015!

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/01/carnival-cruise-lines-will-return-norfolk-2015

I actually think it's fairly new news as I just saw it posted on the WVEC and Pilot OnLine sites announced today.

Great news! I'm sure it will be a smaller ship as the Glory was sailing at only 80% capacity the last few runs out of Norfolk this year. But I'm thrilled to know that I'll still be able to go out of Norfolk for last minute vacations.

I just saw this on FB too!! I'm SO happy! This will allow us to cruise more- since we won't have the expense/ extra timing of flying.

We really enjoyed our 2 Glory cruises out of Norfolk.

I'm really loving this new governor. For many reasons!!!

I enjoyed sailing from Norfolk. It's even more convenient for me than Charleston.

But, as with other East Coast ports (that aren't in Florida), the problem is that you can only sail so far in one week, which greatly limits the itineraries.

Carnival has positioned themselves as a low-cost, family-friendly cruise line. I really doubt they'll start offering 10 or 11 night cruises just because that's what it takes to offer a somewhat interesting itinerary from the east coast! Those cruises would be way more expensive than what Carnival tends to offer. Just doesn't fit their target clients/demographic.

I did sail on the only Glory to Bermuda sailing. It was nice, but was expensive, was only 6 nights, and we were only in Bermuda for 1-1/2 days, which really wasn't long enough. Now, if they were to resume sailing to Bermuda and make them week-long cruises and spent 2-1/2 days there, it would be nice!

I just saw this on FB too!! I'm SO happy! This will allow us to cruise more- since we won't have the expense/ extra timing of flying.

We really enjoyed our 2 Glory cruises out of Norfolk.

I'm really loving this new governor. For many reasons!!!

I live 15 min from the port of Norfolk and also enjoyed our 2 Glory cruises last year. But giving credit to our new Governor I think isn't warranted. I'm sure these talks were started long before the election was even held. I think it has more to do with the local government. And that's all I'm going to say about that.