Shade on beach?

weston gal

We are seniors and need to have lounge chairs and shade on the beach. Is there any natural shade? If I have to rent a clamshell, can someone tell me if I need to bring cash, or can I use my Carnival card to charge it? Also, are the lounge chairs still free on the beach? We do not dock until 11:00am. If there is another ship in port, will we have a problem getting a lounge chair. My husband is 77 and walks with a cane. I would hate to walk around too long to find chairs. Thank you in advance for any help.

I think realtrip is referring to the facilities at Margaritaville. But there is natural shade in spots along the beaches, primarily the ones to the right of the Dufry shop/pier. There is a bit of sand to walk through, although not much, if you get there early and grab a pair of the loungers nearer the shopping area. These do tend to fill up fast.

Cannot wait!! New island for us. Will be there on Ruby Princess the week of the 27th for hubby's 70th birthday. Plan to walk off the ship, find a great lounge chair to sit and do nothing all day but enjoy the beach. Hope there are some "local" shops to browse through so I can find by refrig sandal that I collect.