Cabin sizes

Kpurdy79

Hi Everyone! Forgive me if this has been asked, but I searched and couldn't find it!!

I am wondering if anyone knows or can direct me to the place I could find the square footage of the Cove Cabin and a regular Balcony cabin room on the Breeze. Last year our family of 4 went on the NCL Epic and my DH said he would never go on them again in a regular room because the rooms were so small! (way smaller then we remember on any of our Carnival cruises).

Thanks so much!!

· Cabin Sizes - These are the average room sizes for the particular cabin type.

· Interior - 185 square feet

· Ocean View - 220 square feet

· Balcony - 185 square feet

· Junior Suite & Ocean Suite - 275 square feet

· Grand Suite - 300-345 square feet

· Balcony Sizes - These are the average balcony sizes for the particular cabin category.

· 8A through 8F - 35 square feet

· 8M and 8N - 60 square feet

· 9B - 75-85 square feet

· 9C - 75-275 square feet

· Junior Suite (JS) - 35-40 square feet

· Ocean Suite (OS) - 65-85 square feet

· Grande Suite (GS) - 85-115 square feet

Thank you! They are about 9 sq. feet bigger then the Epic. Maybe that will enough to convince him ;)

Not only is size important but also how the cabin is configured. Most balcony cabins on Carnival have sofas.

They say that Carnival does have the largest cabin sizes of any of the cruise lines, maybe they are right.

Of the cruise lines we've tried, yes, comparing inside to inside, balcony to balcony, yes Carnival has had the largest cabins. Not the nicest decor, or furnishings, but noticeably bigger.

Edited by Gayle V

A typical balcony cabin would be 185 sq.ft. indoors plus 35 sq.ft. outdoors. If you measure with a tape measurer, you will find that those numbers are accurate. A cove is the same indoors, but the outdoors balcony is actually 45 sq.ft. That is a little harder to measure with a tape measurer. I did that, and because the outer barrier is angled, you don't really know how far out to take it, but at the point where I felt I should stop, it did come out to 45 sq.ft. Many cruiselines, Carnival included, like to fudge the numbers on their rooms' square footage to make them sound bigger. Even though Carnival does it with many of their rooms, especially interiors, the numbers for their standard balconies & OVs on their larger ships are actually pretty accurate. Epic's balconies indoors are listed at about 150 sq.ft.

You can check out guest-supplied pics of Carnival rooms at cruiselinerooms dot com. I went there to look at some pics of Epic in balconies, and those do look smaller than Carnival's balconies. It may not be an enormous difference (about 35 sq.ft.), but definitely noticeable. For rooms of the same width of Carnival's, that would be over 3.5 feet difference in length.

They say that Carnival does have the largest cabin sizes of any of the cruise lines, maybe they are right.

We were on Royal Caribbean recently, and the Carnival cabins are bigger, even the balcony is a little larger, plus it is nice that on Carnival our suitcases fit under the bed,not so on Royal. and I like that the bed is next to the balcony door, on royal the sofa was by the balcony, couldn't,t see the ocean as well during the night, but do like the sliding door on royal better for the balcony! Next carnival cruise we are on a vista suite, the view should be great from that cabin.

Thank you! They are about 9 sq. feet bigger than the Epic. ===> And everyone else! :)

Maybe that will enough to convince him ;)

It's a big enough factor to keep me sailing with allegedly-crappy Carnival.

That and their low prices!

Edited by Aplmac