Carnival Diamond Guests

tim5811

Someone affiliated with Carnival (JH, Mary, Mischelle, the CCL FB, etc) posted the number on social media at some point when they announced the new program in June 2012, but I can't find it. I *thought* I'd heard on a BTF tour there were around 700 that had Diamond status.

The most I've seen on one cruise is 3 Diamonds and they each had more than 300 days.

Someone affiliated with Carnival (JH, Mary, Mischelle, the CCL FB, etc) posted the number on social media at some point when they announced the new program in June 2012, but I can't find it. I *thought* I'd heard on a BTF tour there were around 700 that had Diamond status.

The most I've seen on one cruise is 3 Diamonds and they each had more than 300 days.

Wow, 700 is a lot, but I can believe there are that many who really like to cruise. I know Platinum "used to be" after 10 cruises, how many was it in the old days to get to Diamond? 25 cruises maybe?

Wow, 700 is a lot, but I can believe there are that many who really like to cruise. I know Platinum "used to be" after 10 cruises, how many was it in the old days to get to Diamond? 25 cruises maybe?

Diamond was a new level when CCL went from number of cruises to number of days at sea. When a platinum guest had 25 cruises, they are given OBC of 25% of their cruise fare and were issued a platinum milestone card. Some ports gave milestone cards to platinum guests who had more than 25 cruises, which was not the intent of the corporate office. The milestone cards were white, giving the impression that the milestone status was the highest loyalty level.

Some had hoped that CCL would have grandfathered into the highest level anyone with at least 25 cruises. That did not happen and for people like myself who frequently sail on five day cruises because of living near the pier, it will take several more criuises to get to Diamond.

Diamond was a new level when CCL went from number of cruises to number of days at sea. When a platinum guest had 25 cruises, they are given OBC of 25% of their cruise fare and were issued a platinum milestone card. Some ports gave milestone cards to platinum guests who had more than 25 cruises, which was not the intent of the corporate office. The milestone cards were white, giving the impression that the milestone status was the highest loyalty level.

Some had hoped that CCL would have grandfathered into the highest level anyone with at least 25 cruises. That did not happen and for people like myself who frequently sail on five day cruises because of living near the pier, it will take several more criuises to get to Diamond.

That's right, forgot about the 25% off deal. They should have grandfathered in the most loyal customers with 25+ cruises.

Look at this way. Platinums lost stuff so why shouldnt diamonds as well.

And under the old rule we would have hit platinum in October of this year. But I figure it will take us 13 cruises to get to platinum now. We've done 3 of the five day cruises. 1 six day, the rest 7 days. Next month is an 8 day. But it really doesn't matter to me, the perks aren't all that great anyway.

The biggest issue was the promise that was made to those with 25 or more cruises that we would be grandfathered into the highest level. That did not happen as they said "milestone" was never a level even though it was treated as one. The thing that upsets the majority of us in that situation is that Carnival is granting numerous days (20-40 days) to those that were short of reaching the Platinum number of days if they reached 10 cruises by the end of 2013. Now we are seeing that some that had booked past that date but were one short are still getting the new Platinum level.

After my 29th Carnival cruise next week, I will still need 49 days to get to Diamond. They forget that the majority of us on the Gulf Coast were their most loyal supporters after Katrina. Our only options were four and five night cruises from this area.

Edited by jetskier

I've sailed several cruises where I was the ONLY Diamond passenger aboard. The most I've ever sailed with, was aboard "Breeze" where we had 12 Diamond passengers. I too, have heard that there are approximately 750 total Diamond folks total.

"SKY"