Maybe a stupid question but.....

recjus85

Are we allowed to carryon all our luggage. Ill probably just have two things. I purchased FTTF, so if I can go for the most part, straight to my cabin, I can just carry my own luggage. Also do carry ons need luggage tags. I printed some out before j purchased FTTF, and now my printer is broke, so dont know if I need to reprint them or not. Thanks! These next 2 weeks can't come soon enough lol!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Are we allowed to carryon all our luggage. Ill probably just have two things. I purchased FTTF, so if I can go for the most part, straight to my cabin, I can just carry my own luggage. Also do carry ons need luggage tags. I printed some out before j purchased FTTF, and now my printer is broke, so dont know if I need to reprint them or not. Thanks! These next 2 weeks can't come soon enough lol!

You can carry them on and no need for luggage tags if you do so.

We have done self-embark many times from Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. However, we were told we could not do this in New York, as the luggage (same ones as before) would not fit through the scanners. :confused:

We ended up with minor damage to our two suitcases.

We always self-disembark as it is quicker.

You may have 2 weeks, but I still have 85 days !! :(

Have a fantastic cruise.

Carry-ons to not need luggage tags... yes you can carry your luggage on and off, but when bringing luggage on, it must be able to fit thru the x-ray scanner. You may want to check the size of your luggage against the size opening of a normal airport scanner, as that is what the ships also use for screening

I wouldn't want the hassle of carrying on all my luggage through security... Since you have fttf, your bags will get special tags from the porters and they are delivered first. We are platinum and in December, our bags were waiting for us at the door when we arrived.. And we were among the first onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the suitcase is too big to fit through the scanner, it must be checked. Guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions

Edited by awhcruiser

Only if they are smaller than the dimensions they list that must fit through the scanners.

I'd strongly suggest putting luggage tags on your carry on anyway. That way if you get separated from your bags they still stand a chance of showing up magically at your door. We do this to every bag, backpack, etc that we carry or check.

Since you'd only be using it as a safety net I'd just use the old tags you printed before you added FTTF.

Edited by Iandidar
IAN TYPE!!

I'd strongly suggest putting luggage tags on your carry on anyway. That way if you get separated from your bags they still stand a chance of showing up magically at your door. We do this to every bag, backpack, etc that we carry or check.

Since you'd only be using it as a safety net I'd just use the old tags you printed before you added FTTF.

I do that as well and have smaller ID tags on mine too just in case I leave one somewhere or someone else picks it up, etc.

I do that as well and have smaller ID tags on mine too just in case I leave one somewhere or someone else picks it up, etc.

Yup. We do as well. Tags on EVERYTHING. This way perchance something gets left somewhere, we have a change of getting it back.

Happened on a plane on the way to a cruise. Camera bag with our tickets. Luckily they paged us and we heard it before we left the terminal.

Ouch on the printer problems!

You will need some sort of documentation to get into the port area. If you do not there is a list that can be checked. Just takes longer to get into the terminal.

If the suitcase is too big to fit through the scanner, it must be checked. Guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions

I didn't think there was a size restriction on carrying your luggage off the ship.