Trace Adkins Leaves The Pearl........

nycruise

While I agree in principle, I am simply saying the facts are NOT all in.....it's the rush to judgment that I object to, in the main. We do not know all the facts in this case. Until we do, it's difficult to make a judgement call on who was right, wrong, drunk, obnoxious or at fault.

Stalking is not as simple as you have made it sound. I had a stalker for five years. The guy stole my mail, watched my house, sent pics of my daughter at school, showed up at my CHURCH..... Police could do nothing (because he was always gone by the time they showed up) and all I could get was a piece of paper from a courthouse. Repeatedly. A piece of paper, or a "report" does nothing to protect anyone. The psychological and emotional damage from such an experience is hard to explain to those that have never experienced it.

From all I have read on this story, it sounds to me like the guy was lucky Mr. Adkins didn't have access to a firearm.[/quote

Im so sorry that you had to endure that and hoping that you are able to put that awful time behind you. I cant imagine..

That said, I do think that these are two different situations. Or am I missing something? I read they met before with no problems but never that Adkins was being stalked. What did I miss?

While I agree in principle, I am simply saying the facts are NOT all in.....it's the rush to judgment that I object to, in the main. We do not know all the facts in this case. Until we do, it's difficult to make a judgement call on who was right, wrong, drunk, obnoxious or at fault.

Stalking is not as simple as you have made it sound. I had a stalker for five years. The guy stole my mail, watched my house, sent pics of my daughter at school, showed up at my CHURCH..... Police could do nothing (because he was always gone by the time they showed up) and all I could get was a piece of paper from a courthouse. Repeatedly. A piece of paper, or a "report" does nothing to protect anyone. The psychological and emotional damage from such an experience is hard to explain to those that have never experienced it.

From all I have read on this story, it sounds to me like the guy was lucky Mr. Adkins didn't have access to a firearm.

Im so sorry that you had to endure that and hoping that you are able to put that awful time behind you. I cant imagine..

That said, I do think that these are two different situations. Or am I missing something? I read they met before with no problems but never that Adkins was being stalked. What did I miss?

I was on the cruise. Trace did not touch the guy but was understandably upset that he was signing his name and posing as him all over the ship so he confronted him. This is the 2nd country cruise and the guy was doing the same thing on the first one. Trace was not put in the hold and he chose to leave the ship in Ocho Rios to seek treatment. The imposter finished the cruise but Flying Dutchman Travel Agency that arranged both cruises has stated that he will not be on the 3rd one. Trace will be invited back however.

Trace is a human being just like the rest of us and he made a huge mistake by falling off the wagon. I for one admire the fact that he took control of the situation immediately and left to get the help he needs to get back on the right track.

Trace has offered every person on the cruise free tickets to the concert of their choice when he goes back on tour.

We were disappointed that we did not get to see Trace perform but there were 25 other acts on that ship that made up for it. I believe most everybody would say that it was an amazing experience and we can't wait to do it again in 2015.

I was on the cruise. Trace did not touch the guy but was understandably upset that he was signing his name and posing as him all over the ship so he confronted him. This is the 2nd country cruise and the guy was doing the same thing on the first one. Trace was not put in the hold and he chose to leave the ship in Ocho Rios to seek treatment. The imposter finished the cruise but Flying Dutchman Travel Agency that arranged both cruises has stated that he will not be on the 3rd one. Trace will be invited back however.

Trace is a human being just like the rest of us and he made a huge mistake by falling off the wagon. I for one admire the fact that he took control of the situation immediately and left to get the help he needs to get back on the right track.

Trace has offered every person on the cruise free tickets to the concert of their choice when he goes back on tour.

We were disappointed that we did not get to see Trace perform but there were 25 other acts on that ship that made up for it. I believe most everybody would say that it was an amazing experience and we can't wait to do it again in 2015.

Peace and happiness to you in 2014. I really appreciate your comments and your first hand experience.

I KNEW there had to be more to this story and that we were not getting all the facts. Now that a couple days have passed, hopefully your account will be substantiated in the news outlet and we can all put this speculation to rest.

Signing his name and introducing himself and posing as Mr. Adkins is completely out of line and is, in my opinion, a form of stalking behaviour, a criminal act. I live in "Sin City 2" and we have impersonators everywhere...they do not do this, and I personally know a few. I know three: one does "Robin Williams", another does "Beyonce", and yet another does "Tom Cruise". None of them would ever do something like this and would consider it way out of bounds....just terrible behaviour on that impersonator's part.

I completely agree with you that although I am not a fan of his music, I admire him for taking "the bull by the horns" and seeking treatment for his illness, when he knew it was time. I am delighted to hear that, and also to hear that reports of violence were untrue. You are 100 percent correct: Mr. Adkins is a human being, just like all of us, and he deserves support in seeking treatment, not condemnation.

I am glad you had a great cruise and I hope you will get to cruise and have another great experience soon.

Peace.

Edited by artist47

This seems to confirm our eyewitness. No punches thrown.

Classy of Trace to offer free tickets to his concerts.

Photos at the link below.

"Trace Adkins played a drunken game of country chest bump with his impersonator ... after ordering the guy to take off his f**king hat.

TMZ got a hold of photos from the Jamaica-bound cruise ship where Trace went nuclear on his look-alike, Michael Larsen.

Witnesses tell us ... Trace had been in the bar pounding shots ... and when he saw the impersonator he made a beeline for him.

Trace felt for a long time ... the impersonator had become like a stalker, following him around the country. So when the singer saw the guy on the ship, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

We're told Adkins screamed, "This has gone on long enough ... Take the f**king hat off." Larsen obliged -- taking off his hat and standing there silently while Trace yelled in his face ... but it was strictly a verbal attack ... no punches were thrown.

The hat has significance ... it's the moniker of a country star."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/20/trace-adkins-impersonator-fight-confrontation-michael-larson-cruise-ship-pics/#ixzz2r2JicbY4

This seems to confirm our eyewitness. No punches thrown.

Classy of Trace to offer free tickets to his concerts.

Photos at the link below.

"Trace Adkins played a drunken game of country chest bump with his impersonator ... after ordering the guy to take off his f**king hat.

TMZ got a hold of photos from the Jamaica-bound cruise ship where Trace went nuclear on his look-alike, Michael Larsen.

Witnesses tell us ... Trace had been in the bar pounding shots ... and when he saw the impersonator he made a beeline for him.

Trace felt for a long time ... the impersonator had become like a stalker, following him around the country. So when the singer saw the guy on the ship, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

We're told Adkins screamed, "This has gone on long enough ... Take the f**king hat off." Larsen obliged -- taking off his hat and standing there silently while Trace yelled in his face ... but it was strictly a verbal attack ... no punches were thrown.

The hat has significance ... it's the moniker of a country star."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/20/trace-adkins-impersonator-fight-confrontation-michael-larson-cruise-ship-pics/#ixzz2r2JicbY4

I agree the hat has significance for the reason you stated but would add to that without the hat this guy really didn't look like Trace.

Very classy of Trace to offer free tickets to a concert of their choice.

lifino,you are the voice of reason. I agree, Trace did make a hugh mistake by relapsing which is heart wrenching after being clean for 12 years. I wish him well in rehab.

Im curious, did the impersonator continue to impersonate Trace after this incident? I would think that would empty out the karaoke bar pretty fast.

Happy you had a great cruise!

We believe what we choose to believe ! I think "Inside Edition" has a little more credibility than a fan or a public relations person.

http://www.insideedition.com/entertainment/7643-trace-adkins-enters-rehab-after-cruise-ship-incident

Note that this article mentions the confrontation happened at Larsen's cabin. This presents the question "Who stalked who ????"

This article was kind to Adkins by not mentioning that he threatened to slap the s**t out of Perce Morgan after a dispute on the Donald Trump show.

Edited by swedish weave

We were on the Liberty at the same time as this Pearl sailing. In Grand Cayman we went on a tour with a woman from the Pearl. She told us pretty much what the other first hand account contained. I would tend to believe that version. On a side note, she had some pictures of Trace, and boy did he look like he was in bad shape. I think when he fell, he fell hard.

Well, folks on both sides of this discussion will "spin" the story as they wish. Facts are this though, it's not illegal to impersonate a star, thousands do it for a living every day. They were in a karaoke bar, what do folks do there? I think they do their best to sing the songs of their favorite stars. Earlier meetings between these two seem to have been cordial or friendly. The impersonator took off his hat and listened as he was being berated, classy.

Every impersonator show I've ever been to had the "stars" signing autographs and always signed with the name of "their" star. Elvis signed as Elvis, Dolly as Dolly etc.

Bottom line was an alcoholic fell off the wagon and made an a** of himself. It will all pass and be forgotten.

We believe what we choose to believe ! I think "Inside Edition" has a little more credibility than a fan or a public relations person.

http://www.insideedition.com/entertainment/7643-trace-adkins-enters-rehab-after-cruise-ship-incident

Note that this article mentions the confrontation happened at Larsen's cabin. This presents the question "Who stalked who ????"

This article was kind to Adkins by not mentioning that he threatened to slap the s**t out of Perce Morgan after a dispute on the Donald Trump show.

People on here were asking for a first hand account and I provided one. If you chose not to believe it then that is your right. We were met in the Cayman Islands by the reporters and when I declined an interview stating I didn't have any facts (just trying to avoid the interview) they told me "That's ok rumors are fine"

By the way there are a lot of pictures of the incident all over Facebook and they were definitely not taken in a cabin

lifino,you are the voice of reason. I agree, Trace did make a hugh mistake by relapsing which is heart wrenching after being clean for 12 years. I wish him well in rehab.

Im curious, did the impersonator continue to impersonate Trace after this incident? I would think that would empty out the karaoke bar pretty fast.

Happy you had a great cruise!

From what I saw no he did not. He was very low key the rest of the cruise

Inside edition has zero credibility! Have you watched it lately? They blow everything out of proportion just for ratings. I believe the picture I see and the eyewitness at this point.

I have two last questions. Were ANY of you who profess to have a "first hand account" at the impersonators cabin when the altercation occurred there as Inside Edition says it did. It is not unreasonable to believe Adkins could have pursued this and that caused him to leave the ship either by his choice or by NCL request.

Also, did any of you see Adkins on the ship after the incident ?

Edited by swedish weave

I have one last question. Were ANY of you who profess to have a "first hand account" at the impersonators cabin when the altercation occurred there as Inside Edition says it did. It is not unreasonable to believe Adkins could have pursued this and that caused him to leave the ship either by his choice or by NCL request.

And was anyone from "Inside Edition" inside the guys cabin witnessing it? Was anyone from Inside Edition even on the ship?

I have one last question. Were ANY of you who profess to have a "first hand account" at the impersonators cabin when the altercation occurred there as Inside Edition says it did. It is not unreasonable to believe Adkins could have pursued this and that caused him to leave the ship either by his choice or by NCL request.

Personally, my opinion is based on the picture and they were not in a cabin. It seems a CC member who is reasonable did witness it and said it was in a bar and no punches were thrown. Lastly, Inside Edition is not a reliable source, reported non truths more times than I can remember.

And was anyone from "Inside Edition" inside the guys cabin witnessing it? Was anyone from Inside Edition even on the ship?

I take that answer as a NON_ANSWER !!

Inside Edition reported what they were told by a passenger according to the article. Did you read the link I provided ?

Edited by swedish weave

Personally, my opinion is based on the picture and they were not in a cabin. It seems a CC member who is reasonable did witness it and said it was in a bar and no punches were thrown. Lastly, Inside Edition is not a reliable source, reported non truths more times than I can remember.

This also does not answer the question I asked. I am seeking the truth, and the evasive answers to my questions tell me nothing.

I do know that NCL handles arguments much differently than they do physical fighting. Think zero tolerance for fighting !

Edited by swedish weave

This also does not answer the question I asked. I am seeking the truth, and the evasive answers to my questions tell me nothing.

I do know that NCL handles arguments much differently than they do physical fighting.

Your question cannot be answered because you are assuming this altercation happened in the impersonators cabin. with absolutely no proof of that. The op said it happened in a bar and there is also a picture that shows them in a public area chest to chest.