Trace Adkins Leaves The Pearl........

nycruise

Wonder if anyone has an eyewitness account.

"The "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" singer and Grammy nominee, who was headlining a seven-day country music cruise heading out of Miami, on Monday night found himself intoxicated in an onboard bar, scrapping physically with a Trace Adkins impersonator who'd been singing karaoke, TMZ first reported Wednesday.

When the ship arrived at its first destination, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Adkins got off and headed to a rehab facility, a spokesperson confirmed to People. The ship was also scheduled to stop in George Town, Grand Cayman, and in Cozumel, Mexico.

Montgomery Gentry, Wynonna & the Big Noise and Love and Theft were only a few of the dozens of other entertainers performing on the cruise."

From the Los Angeles Times.

This story was all over Good Morning America, Today etc. this morning.

So NCL was forcing drinks down the throat of a guy who has been sober for 12 years. :rolleyes:

And then he attacked his own impersonator, doing bad karaokee of his songs. (seriously, I do not blame him for that at all)

What kind of cruisline runs a theme cruise like that? :confused:

Sucks for him to not be able to use his suite overlooking the pool for the rest of the cruise.

Damned cruiselines...:D

Bill (always amazed at how the media trys to twist a story to make it more outrageous.)

Edited by bguppies

IMHO it is a sad reflection on our society that 5 of the previous posts contained a platitude on behalf of Trace Adkins....and not one single word or concern about the condition of the victim of his assault.

I guess being a celebrity means you get to "check yourself into rehab" instead of being arrested, jailed, and charged with a crime like the rest of us would have been.

...Not to mention the 2000+ guests onboard who paid a premium price for their vacation based on the presence of this headline act who just walked away at the very first port. I can imagine that the "I want my money back/compensation line" at guest services is pretty crowded today. Just wait until they get back and come here to complain. :rolleyes:

I to wish him well. Im guessing there are some disappointed passengers, I guess his impersonator will have to do..That said, a cruise ship is no place for a recovering alcoholics thats for sure.

Have you ever been to a Trace Atkins concert? I have, and it could also be described as a place not for recovering alcoholics.

Dick and Jane

Chicago, Illinois

Maybe my wishing him well is because my father is an alcoholic, as was his mother, father, sister (died from it at the age of 32), brothers, even his grandmother.

I'm 52 years old and he's been one since before I was born. I would give anything for my dad to decide to seek treatment. Doesn't matter what you say to them or how you feel, it's their decision if they want help or not.

So I offer my sincerest apologies for not thinking about the victim first.

Edited by perkydebrajean

IMHO it is a sad reflection on our society that 5 of the previous posts contained a platitude on behalf of Trace Adkins....and not one single word or concern about the condition of the victim of his assault.

I guess being a celebrity means you get to "check yourself into rehab" instead of being arrested, jailed, and charged with a crime like the rest of us would have been.

...Not to mention the 2000+ guests onboard who paid a premium price for their vacation based on the presence of this headline act who just walked away at the very first port. I can imagine that the "I want my money back/compensation line" at guest services is pretty crowded today. Just wait until they get back and come here to complain. :rolleyes:

Maybe I missed something, but I read nothing which said Adkins assaulted anyone, just that there was a physical altercation. Why do we always assume the celebrity threw the first punch? If so, I'm sure we'll hear from the other guy's attorney soon enough. Or if they are truly friends, possibly apologies will be offered at some point. Not sure what NCL owes passengers, if anything.

I do wish Adkins well. I saw him on the Celebrity Apprentice show and was impressed by him. He has done a lot for the Red Cross and the Wounded Warriors Project.

Edited by punkincc

[quote=punkincc;41316521

I do wish Adkins well. I saw him on the Celebrity Apprentice show and was impressed by him. He has done a lot for the Red Cross and the Wounded Warriors Project.

I read that the other guy was someone who had stalked him for years.

I'm sure he'll sue Trace Adkins anyway. It's not always the celebrity's fault. Might or might not be in this case.

A country music cruise?

Wow, that's great. I'd love to be on a cruise with the likes of Tom T. Hall, Patsy Cline, Tammy Wynette, Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn......

Man oh man. Some country music WOULD be terrific, huh?

Just George Strait... And I am there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Good for him for not spending one more day in his addiction. Whatever got him to that point, it ultimately will be the trigger that saves his life. Part of his rehab will be to make amends so he hopefully can make it right with the impersonator. In the meantime, God's speed in his recovery process.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Reports from witnesses say he was put in the brig for 2 nights and he was also very rude to a little girl onboard. Apparently the impersonator was also signing autographs as Trace. Big no-no. Not sure what made Trace take a drink to begin with but doubt we will ever know either.

Kudos to Trace for asking for help immediately. Alchoholism is cunning, baffling and powerful... waiting as long as necessary to take control again. Glad he got off the boat at the first opportunity. As usual with an alcohol induced-episode, everyone involved was a victim.

You have some good points, I had no idea that someone was actually hurt in the fight and I did mention the disappointed passengers. I was wondering who started the fight, if it was Trace and he did hurt the impersonator, NCL would have had to remove him just as if he were a passenger. Also, anyone who is a recovered alcoholic, cruises might not be the vacation for you, I cant imagine how tempting a bar every few feet could be. I guess thats why the have Friends of Bill W meetings onboard. I wish Trace well, and hopefully his impersonator is fine, do we know if he was hurt?