Open Passage combinable offer just in

Ken1359

I just received this email from Celebrity:

Great news—we've expanded the vacation opportunities as you can now combine your Open Passage reservation offer with our amazing 123go! offer on sailings to the Caribbean, Alaska, Bermuda, or Canada New England departing February 2014 through March 2015.*

Book by February 28, 2014, to take advantage of this incredible offer.

For a limited time, you can combine the value of your existing Open Passage Onboard Credit based on number of sail nights.

I've been complaining that my old Open Passage purchase turned out to be of little value to me since it wasn't combinable with any of the other promotions I always search for. And now this. WAY TO GO Celebrity! Thanks for listening.

I wonder if this applies to booking a cruise on board as well? I will be on Celebrity next month and have 2 cabins booked for a Bermuda cruise in June. I did not have an Open Passage certificate (used it for the cruise next month) and I knew it could not be combined if I booked while on board, so I just booked with 123Go. Is there any way for me to re-book and cancel the original reservation? Obviously I'd have to make sure that my TA gives me the same perks (although even a little less would be worth it if I could get the credit for booking while on board), and that the rate hasn't changed when I re-book.

I should ask my TA if she has any suggestions on how to handle this.

Edited by MisterBill99

I just called my TA and it turns out this is only true for Passages booked August 2013 or later. That's when they changed the program from "Open Passages" to "Celebrity Passages" apparently.

I have one I booked in March 2013 on the Solstice and it doesn't apply - would still cancel out the 123go :(

I wonder if this applies to booking a cruise on board as well? I will be on Celebrity next month and have 2 cabins booked for a Bermuda cruise in June. I did not have an Open Passage certificate (used it for the cruise next month) and I knew it could not be combined if I booked while on board, so I just booked with 123Go. Is there any way for me to re-book and cancel the original reservation? Obviously I'd have to make sure that my TA gives me the same perks (although even a little less would be worth it if I could get the credit for booking while on board), and that the rate hasn't changed when I re-book.

I should ask my TA if she has any suggestions on how to handle this.

Hi MisterBill,

If you book onboard before the end of the 123 promo, it should work out better for you, as you would obtain 123GO, and 1 other offer such as the booking onboard OBC. As you've mentioned, the caveat is, you should check the price while onboard, and see if it works out favorably. You might be at risk of losing your original cabin, so that's something to consider.

I'm on Century next month, and plan to check all my open bookings, to see if it makes sense to re-book while onboard, so I can obtain 123 GO, and the booking onboard OBC.

I hope this is helpful !

I just called my TA and it turns out this is only true for Passages booked August 2013 or later. That's when they changed the program from "Open Passages" to "Celebrity Passages" apparently.

I have one I booked in March 2013 on the Solstice and it doesn't apply - would still cancel out the 123go :(

I think your TA is mistaken. I was reading the legal and it says:

** Offer only applies to Open Passage bookings deposited prior to August 1, 2013.

Which is actually good news for both you and me.

** Offer only applies to Open Passage bookings deposited prior to August 1, 2013.

But bad for me. But this makes me think that this was a legal issue of sorts, since they changed the terms of Open passage certificates (not sure when, but a good guess would be August 1, 2013) and the old ones were more lenient. Sadly, I used the one that I had.

If you book onboard before the end of the 123 promo, it should work out better for you, as you would obtain 123GO, and 1 other offer such as the booking onboard OBC. As you've mentioned, the caveat is, you should check the price while onboard, and see if it works out favorably. You might be at risk of losing your original cabin, so that's something to consider.

I'm in 2C obstructed view (and my son is in cat 5 oceanview) so risking changing cabins is not a big deal.

Edited by MisterBill99

But bad for me. But this makes me think that this was a legal issue of sorts, since they changed the terms of Open passage certificates (not sure when, but a good guess would be August 1, 2013) and the old ones were more lenient. Sadly, I used the one that I had.

I'm in 2C obstructed view (and my son is in cat 5 oceanview) so risking changing cabins is not a big deal.

I think they're keen to get all the old version used up as the OBC is better (much in some cases) and a future liability. Plus having 2 sets of rules for essentially the same product is s pain.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Hi MisterBill,

I'm on Century next month, and plan to check all my open bookings, to see if it makes sense to re-book while onboard, so I can obtain 123 GO, and the booking onboard OBC.

I hope this is helpful !

Andy, do you think it would be a problem to cancel and rebook immediately? Have you done this previously?

I am cruising next week and I just cancel my cruise booking, so I could book it on board. I know I am risking a price increase, but I thought it was worth the risk. I was afraid that I could not cancel and them book immediately.

Thanks

Does anyone know if I can book for next Feb 2015 when I cruise in a few weeks (this Feb) and receive the 123 and obc and reduced deposit and can I book 3 cabins? I want to book for two other couples that will join us next year. Thanks

Andy, do you think it would be a problem to cancel and rebook immediately? Have you done this previously?

Given that we've heard from people who had multiple reservations in the same name for the same cruise, it's not clear that you even have to cancel first. You might be able to book again and then cancel the first reservation afterwards.

However, if this offer is only for existing (and older) Open Passages certificates, I don't think there will be any added bonus for booking on board.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know if I can book for next Feb 2015 when I cruise in a few weeks (this Feb) and receive the 123 and obc and reduced deposit and can I book 3 cabins? I want to book for two other couples that will join us next year. Thanks

I don't think you'll get both the OBC and the 123go offers if you book on board. It will be great if someone can report that it actually works.

I don't think you'll get both the OBC and the 123go offers if you book on board. It will be great if someone can report that it actually works.

I know I can get both…I saw the forms from the ship somewhere on here, but wondering if the other cabins get it too.

Last year I converted an old open passage to a drink package.it was weird but basically I lost all Obc and picked up a classic package. I called a couple of weeks ago and was told old open passages could now be combined.

Reported this to my TA, she told me after half hour on hold with celebrity and several conversations, no matter what, if I upgrade to higher current pricing or stayed where we are, an SV, I would not get Obc back. I didn't get a letter, maybe the news is now different.

It is my understanding that the new passages is combinable with one offer? Am I wrong or has the flu influenced my memory.

Last year I converted an old open passage to a drink package.it was weird but basically I lost all Obc and picked up a classic package. I called a couple of weeks ago and was told old open passages could now be combined.

Presumably you booked during an earlier 123Go promotion and got that instead of the of the OBC that you were going to get with the Open Passage. As for your issue getting the OBC back now, I guess once you "converted" it to a straight deposit, you can't change it back. What happens if you actually cancel the reservation (not that you probably want to)? Does it revert back to an normal Open Passage? Are you past final payment date?

I know I can get both…I saw the forms from the ship somewhere on here, but wondering if the other cabins get it too.

You should be able to get it for all cabins you book while on board but I'm still not convinced that the normal on-board booking bonuses can be combined with 123go (but would be thrilled to hear that it was).

Edited by MisterBill99

Misterbill99

Final payment is in two days. I wondered if I shouldn't throw that to a future transatlantic and even if it doesn't revert, I get something. Silly us we were just onboard in December and spent hours trying to decide if we needed more open passages and couldn't figure out why. Now I can see a couple of options.

I agree, let's simplify these promotions.

Would you be able to post the web address where you read this. I can't find anything on the Celebrity web site that discusses the new promotion for old passages before Aug.2013.

Hi MisterBill99,

Actually, I think you would get both 123 GO, and the booking onboard OBC., if you book onboard, as the new rules allow combining with one other offer when booking onboard.

As for booking this for others not on the sailing, it's tough to answer. Sometimes, the answer was yes, and other times the answer was no.

Edited by Host Andy

It is my understanding that the new passages is combinable with one offer? Am I wrong or has the flu influenced my memory.

Hi Hulamoon,

That's my understanding as well. Here's a link to the booking onboard flyer. Please click HERE . I hope this is helpful !

I am cruising next week and I just cancel my cruise booking, so I could book it on board. I know I am risking a price increase, but I thought it was worth the risk. I was afraid that I could not cancel and them book immediately.

Thanks

Hi Jagoffee,

This is a tough one. I know the general rule, is that you can change your booking to add 123GO without cancelling, as long as you are within the rules of the promo and are willing to pay the current rate, and forfeit any prior perks. However, I highly doubt Celebrity would give you the same perks (of combining 2 offers), on an existing booking by calling. I tried this the other day, with a previous onboard booking, and was told no to any combining.

As you are cruising next week, I'd probably make a new booking as soon as possible, once onboard. Once you know that you have what you are happy with, you should then cancel your exisiting booking. Of course, you will be out of pocket on an second deposit for a short period of time, but the first booking's deposit would be refunded.

The HUGE caveats are, that you may lose your cabin, and must pay the prevailing rate, and would lose any offers on your current booking. If you are good with all of that, it's probably the way I'd go.

I hope this is helpful. Enjoy your Cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Darbs7,

You should be able to obtain 123 GO, and the booking onboard OBC, when booking onboard. As for obtaining it for others not on your sailing ? With the "Reserved Passage" option (which has the higher OBC), the answer is "maybe". I've had mixed results, but it never hurts to ask.

At the very least, you can purchase the "Open Passage" for your friends, as you may purchase 3 of them while onboard, and they are transferable to anyone. For further information, please check out the link to the document I've posted a few moments ago.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask. I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Actually, I think you would get both 123 GO, and the booking onboard OBC., if you book onboard, as the new rules allow combining with one other offer when booking onboard.

Interesting. I was pretty sure it could not be combined since the 123go offer says it cannot be combined with any other offer, but I just called Celebrity and rep told me that it could be. I'll just need to make sure that the new reservation does not automatically go to the agent who booked the cruise I'm going to be on since it's different from the one I booked the next one with.

So, basically what they've done here is make the old Open Passage certificate work like making a new reservation on board.

I booked a couple of seven day cruisers on dec. 31st. On that day I spoke to Captains Club and they told me they wanted to use up old passages. Meaning I could combine 123 Go, the AQ extra points and benefits. I cancelled and rebooked to get this.

A few moments ago I called and asked if I could also do this on my April cruise. I was told on dec 31st I could, I was told by TA I could not. And now I was just told they would like to investigate and it could mean I could lose the benefits I booked in December. I asked her kindly not to.

She told me the open passages was not eligible if it had ever been assigned. So I guess i should have let sleeping dogs sleep and slept off the flu today.