kids club questions

this is our second RC cruise and last yr our boys (4&8) didn't like kids club and refused to go. this yr we are travelling with a group and the boys say they will go with their friends. however all of the kids are in the 6-9 age group except my youngest son who will be 5. how picky are they? will they let him be with all his friends?

any advice?

this is our second RC cruise and last yr our boys (4&8) didn't like kids club and refused to go. this yr we are travelling with a group and the boys say they will go with their friends. however all of the kids are in the 6-9 age group except my youngest son who will be 5. how picky are they? will they let him be with all his friends?

any advice?

There isn't a 6-9 group. The age groups are 3-5, 6-8 and 9-11.

Edit to add link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_kids_teens_and_families&pagenameMain=main_family&discriminators=1

Edited by reallyitsmema

I have only had experience with "age group switching" in the downward direction--in other words, they let my 6-year-old older daughter join in with the 3-5 age group in Adventure Ocean on the Liberty Med cruise in fall 2012, so that she could be with her then 4-year-old brother. I don't know how flexible they are about letting kids move up to an older age group.

Years ago was on a sailing where there was only 50 people under the age of 18 so needless to say the staff let everyone mingle. That was a Hawaii sailing on the vision. I don't think that would happen now a days considering stricter enforcing of the rules.

Last year my 8 year old (about 6 weeks shy of 9) was allowed to go to the 9-11 yo group to be with his brother, after being "evaluated" in his own age group for a 2 hour session.

So to me they are (or were) pretty strict.

any advice?

moving up is rare. ultimately the staff has final say.