Streaming video on Riviera

PintoLvr

Can anyone tell me if one can stream video using the ships internet for watching movies on Netflix with an iPad? We have been on 9 cruises on Oceania, but next month will be our first on an "O" ship. I wouldn't dream of doing this on an "R" ship, as much as I adore them. I know one can borrow DVD's onboard, so that would be plan B. Also, unfortunately, we have to work while on our cruise. Has anyone used the ships internet to work remotely, i.e., LogMeIn? Thank you for any help!!

Can anyone tell me if one can stream video using the ships internet for watching movies on Netflix with an iPad? We have been on 9 cruises on Oceania, but next month will be our first on an "O" ship. I wouldn't dream of doing this on an "R" ship, as much as I adore them. I know one can borrow DVD's onboard, so that would be plan B. Also, unfortunately, we have to work while on our cruise. Has anyone used the ships internet to work remotely, i.e., LogMeIn? Thank you for any help!!

The internet on Riviera/Marina is simply too slow to stream a movie. You can barely stream a video off youtube.com. Load your Ipad up with Netflix /Amazon Prime movies before you go and between your Ipad and the on-board DVD and video offerings on the in-suite entertainment you should have more than you can use.

Edited by Offroad911

Heck, downloading cruise critic is not even easy, mush less a movie. On our last cruise, I just gave up trying to log in and use cruise critic and no, I was not posting, all I wanted to do was read the message board.

Cenia

... I wouldn't dream of doing this on an "R" ship, as much as I adore them. I know one can borrow DVD's onboard, so that would be plan B.

Others have answered this question, and I think it's correct that streaming is blocked (although I never tried it.) But I have to ask, why should there be a difference between an R ship and an O?

Others have answered this question, and I think it's correct that streaming is blocked (although I never tried it.) But I have to ask, why should there be a difference between an R ship and an O?

Until the pending refirb of the "R" ships, their IT capability has not been at the technological level of the "O" ships. The Marina and Riviera have newer, faster IT capabilities and you can be sure that the "R" ships IT capability will be improved during the refirbs. Those cruisers who have enjoyed both the "R" and the "O" ships can attest to the "speed" difference between the two.

Edited by Offroad911