Coffee Quality

cavukenneth

[quote name='Aruba']There is a Dutch coffee that I get in Aruba called Douwe-Egberts that IMO is delicious. (I mean, Douwe-Egberts is a Dutch corporation; who knows where the beans are from.). Anyway, I've often wished that HOLLAND America Line would switch to this DUTCH coffee. Wouldn't that make sense? ;)[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned earlier on this forum: Holland America HAS switched to a Dutch coffee. It is ground coffee, the company is called Beukenhorst. In the Netherlands Douwe Egberts coffee is not really a premium brand, it is standard supermarket quality.

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]No, it's not sweetened. It's not like the coffee syrup that comes in small bottles for mixing with milk, like when you make coffee milk.

It's more like a very concentrated coffee, that then has hot water added to bring it back to regular strength. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

How bizarre!

I guess it's easier to get a consistent product and less messy than grounds, not sure I fancy tasting it though.

Good luck with the Via!

[quote name='fokeltje']As I mentioned earlier on this forum: Holland America HAS switched to a Dutch coffee. It is ground coffee, the company is called Beukenhorst. [/QUOTE]
I must have missed that post.

[quote name='AlohaPride']They sell via at the grocery stores here with the other instant coffees. :) maybe they sell it at yours too.

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this. Does it taste like instant coffee? Because I really hate instant coffee, just wondering.....I would rather take my chances with the coffee onboard the ships than bring along something that tastes like instant coffee. :eek:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We usually have room service for breakfast. I'm not a fan of the coffee and have just 1/2 cup to get me started for the morning. Before lunch, I head to Explorations to buy a decent cup of coffee and that's it for the day.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Before lunch, I head to Explorations to buy a decent cup of coffee ...[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
And if you're a 4- or 5-star Mariner, the coffees at Explorations are discounted 50% (25% for 3-star Mariners). :)

[quote name='Cruising-along']I'm curious about this. Does it taste like instant coffee? Because I really hate instant coffee, just wondering.....I would rather take my chances with the coffee onboard the ships than bring along something that tastes like instant coffee. :eek:[/QUOTE]

It doesn't taste like bad instant coffee. It's pretty decent.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='Cruising-along']I'm curious about this. Does it taste like instant coffee? Because I really hate instant coffee, just wondering.....I would rather take my chances with the coffee onboard the ships than bring along something that tastes like instant coffee. :eek:[/QUOTE]

It is very decent coffee " very high quality instant coffee " . I buy it from costco. I get 24 packets for $15. Good price IMO. Maybe amazon has it too.

[quote name='Boytjie']It doesn't taste like bad instant coffee. It's pretty decent.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thebes']It is very decent coffee " very high quality instant coffee " . I buy it from costco. I get 24 packets for $15. Good price IMO. Maybe amazon has it too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to both of you for answering my question. I just may have to try some. :)