How early is gym open on Royal, or any Princess ship?

Jetswdo

I sailed on the Royal last October. I don't recall any times being posted. I usually entered the gym around 5:30AM on most sea days. All of the equipment, including treadmills was always available. Other Princess have restrictions on treadmill use, because there are staterooms beneath the gym.

I posted similar question and no one responded. Even if not the Royal, does any one know how early the gym opens? Is it 24 hours?

We sailed on the Emerald Princess November 29th - December 9th. I am looking at the Princess Patter as I type.

Lotus Health & Fitness Gym: 6:00 am - 10:00 pm... Treadmills: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm. This schedule was for all 10 days of our cruise.

We just got off the Crown on Saturday. The gym opened at 0700 but the treadmills couldn't be used until 0900. Bad design of the ship. Rooms below, so they try to minimize the noise.

We sailed on the Emerald Princess November 29th - December 9th. I am looking at the Princess Patter as I type.

Lotus Health & Fitness Gym: 6:00 am - 10:00 pm... Treadmills: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm. This schedule was for all 10 days of our cruise.

Just wondering, are the time restrictions on treadmills also applied to elliptical machines?

Thanks,

Well, this is interesting. I run every day and waiting for the treadmills to "open" at 8am will be somewhat of an issue, especially on certain port days. That being said, can someone tell me what the outside running accommodations on the Emerald are like? Is there an outdoor track? I know the promenade goes all the way around the ship, correct? Is it possible to use this for running? It appears there are some steps towards the bow, but I can't quite tell.

Thank you!

Well, this is interesting. I run every day and waiting for the treadmills to "open" at 8am will be somewhat of an issue, especially on certain port days. That being said, can someone tell me what the outside running accommodations on the Emerald are like? Is there an outdoor track? I know the promenade goes all the way around the ship, correct? Is it possible to use this for running? It appears there are some steps towards the bow, but I can't quite tell.

Thank you!

The late opening time is due to the noise issue for the cabins below.

The Promenade deck does go all the way around and there are approx 15 stairs on either side of the ship going up to the upper Promenade level with Emerald deck.

2.7 times around=1 mile.

Yes people use it for running.

There is a very short "jogging" track aft above skywalkers but you would probably find this unacceptable.

The late opening time is due to the noise issue for the cabins below.

The Promenade deck does go all the way around and there are approx 15 stairs on either side of the ship going up to the upper Promenade level with Emerald deck.

2.7 times around=1 mile.

Yes people use it for running.

There is a very short "jogging" track aft above skywalkers but you would probably find this unacceptable.

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the information!

On the Royal, the gym is open around 5:30 am. All the stuff can be used except treadmills, which can be used at 8:00 am? The ex. bikes and other machines are ok? (hubbie doesn't use treadmill-- just all the other stuff.)