No Spa treatments available?????

akowilm

Trying to book a massage online for my April Connie getaway. I understand there is a transition occurring from one spa operator to another, but how will this affect those of us on an early April sailing? I was given spa credits as a birthday gift (turned 39 for the 7th year in a row!!!) and was excited to redeem them. I wanted to book the same scrub and massage as last time! When I pull my reservation up online to search, the only message I get is that 'there are no available treatments at this time'. This is when I check everyday, every treatment , and every time. I KNOW they aren't booked solid, please!! Any advice or info?? Thanks!!!!:)

You may not be able to do this until on board. Steiner (the current operator) will be leaving. The new spa company has not been announced. No one knows now how or when the transition will take place,whether the new concessionaire will pull out all the Steiner equipment and bring their own in, how or when that would happen, etc. The current Steiner employees will all be leaving. So it isn't surprising that you can't book anything on line right now.

You may not be able to do this until on board. Steiner (the current operator) will be leaving. The new spa company has not been announced.

A recent cruiser posted here yesterday that Canyon Ranch will assume operation of the spas on Celebrity ships... I seem to recall that the full transition isn't anticipated until July or August...

Original Poster... The full schedule is never available for advance booking online... If you can't find the appointment you are looking for--or any, for that matter--suggest that you book in person immediately following boarding...

I would phone the Captain's Club to see if they can do a booking for you or at least assure you that you will be able to do it on board. Your sailing is around the current expected time for the transition to take place, and nobody, not even the officer responsible for it all, knows exactly how that will happen yet. See my post #92 here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959394. Unlikely that X would accept losing the spa revenue for even a week during transition, so it should be offering services as usual, and you lucky person, may be one of the first to experience the Canyon Ranch products.

In all my cruisers I have never seen the spa so busy that you could not book on board and have your choice of time/day/treatment (with the exception of some salon services booking up for formal nights early in the cruise). Often if you wait to book on board there will be specials and you can receive a price break; the spa's list prices are exorbitantly high.

I would phone the Captain's Club to see if they can do a booking for you or at least assure you that you will be able to do it on board. Your sailing is around the current expected time for the transition to take place, and nobody, not even the officer responsible for it all, knows exactly how that will happen yet. See my post #92 here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959394. Unlikely that X would accept losing the spa revenue for even a week during transition, so it should be offering services as usual, and you lucky person, may be one of the first to experience the Canyon Ranch products.

That would be fabulous, indeed! Just hope my spa gift credits don't get lost in transition, as several gifts on past cruises were 'lost at sea' and not found until we returned ashore......

You will have no trouble whatsoever booking spa appointments onboard. There are always plenty of openings.

In fact, you may find that they offer better special prices onboard than they do by booking in advance.

If I were you, I would wait and do it first day on the ship. You may be able to take advantage of some special offers.

• 2 weeks later...
You may not be able to do this until on board. Steiner (the current operator) will be leaving. The new spa company has not been announced. No one knows now how or when the transition will take place,whether the new concessionaire will pull out all the Steiner equipment and bring their own in, how or when that would happen, etc. The current Steiner employees will all be leaving. So it isn't surprising that you can't book anything on line right now.

Check this out:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level2.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_spa_fitness&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20370097&rid=229106148&mes=Celebrity%20Cart%20Abandonment%20EM%20-%20Low%20Non-RID&emsc=&empf=&emct=&lnkid=SPA_AUSNZ

I have just had an email from Celebrity and noticed that they were advertising ' Aqua Spa by Elmis.'

Elmis are the operators on P&O O ships, sailing from Southampton and I like their products.

Edited by upwarduk

...I have just had an email from Celebrity and noticed that they were advertising ' Aqua Spa by Elmis.'

Elmis are the operators on P&O O ships, sailing from Southampton and I like their products.

Steiner and Elemis are the same company. I think that Elemis is a brand name used by Steiner for various products and services.

I agree with the above poster who said that they didn't think Celebrity would lose the spa revenues for even a week. In all likelihood they'll work out a transition between the companies that will appear seamless to most passengers.

Edited by Lsimon

Our cruise is on Reflection in May, and the spa has consistently shown no availability for bookings. I'm thinking this is because of the upcoming change of companies, but still I keep checking back. If anyone sees this change, please post!

I disagree somewhat with the thought that you can always find availability if you wait to book onboard. The appointments for days at sea can go very quickly, particularly if there are few days at sea. If there are many days at sea and/or you don't mind missing part of a port day then you can always find what you want. But if there are few days at sea, and ports you really don't want to miss, I recommend booking ahead of time if you can. There are indeed deals onboard, but they are usually for either very expensive treatments, or appointments during less desirable times. So it makes a difference what is important to you.

In all of my cruises, which are only 5 or so, I have never once had a problem booking a number of spa treatments on board, provided you do it on the very first day and are a little flexible about time.

You may not get 2 pm, precisely, for instance, but you will get 3 pm or 4 pm, for example. Don't wait though, because the do fill up as the cruise proceeds.

I wouldn't worry about booking on board at all, but that is entirely up to you. By waiting, I have actually got really good deals. One time, when I was considering booking 3 or more treatments on the first day, they offered by 20% off on anything if I did. Well worth it. Saved quite a bit of money.