Finally! The Upgrade Fairy visits...

Now I know why people do this...post a new thread to crow about their upgrade;) Now Im one of "those" people! :o

Had booked a D1 on Enchantment for DM and DD and I, a little cozy with 3 but we'd make it work! I have been watching all the open JSs and hoping...today I noticed a sizable price drop on JS prices and no balcony cabins left...I called, trying to justify in my own mind a paid upgrade and it was already done!! Better yet, when I was contemplating paying to upgrade, I noticed some key aft balconies open...which is what pushed me to call...too good to pass up! (Im sure the folks who had those cabins booked originally are now chilling in their upgraded OS, or GS ;))

The C & A rep helped me switch from my upgraded JS to the aft JS and I just printed the new set sail with my new cabin number and luggage tags. It's real, and it actually happened to ME this time:D I was so happy on the phone, I actually embarrassed myself!:o

Hate on me, rejoice with me, I don't mind, either way...I got an upgrade :D

Absolutely thrilled for you! Have a wonderful time in your upgrade...love those aft balconies.

Me too, I am a recent addict, and even DM asked me after having her first and only aft..."can we get one of those aft cabins again?":p I had to tell her since we were 3 the D1 afts only hold 2:( (last time we had 4 of us in 2 cabins)

I tried to call her but she's out...she's going to be very excited!!

Now I know why people do this...post a new thread to crow about their upgrade;) Now Im one of "those" people!

Had booked a D1 on Enchantment for DM and DD and I, a little cozy with 3 but we'd make it work! I have been watching all the open JSs and hoping...today I noticed a sizable price drop on JS prices and no balcony cabins left...I called, trying to justify in my own mind a paid upgrade and it was already done!! Better yet, when I was contemplating paying to upgrade, I noticed some key aft balconies open...which is what pushed me to call...too good to pass up! (Im sure the folks who had those cabins booked originally are now chilling in their upgraded OS, or GS )

The C & A rep helped me switch from my upgraded JS to the aft JS and I just printed the new set sail with my new cabin number and luggage tags. It's real, and it actually happened to ME this time:D I was so happy on the phone, I actually embarrassed myself

Hate on me, rejoice with me, I don't mind, either way...I got an upgrade

Congrats!! :D I rejoice with you!! Always wonderful to hear that the upgrade fairy is alive and well. Though she seems to have lost my address. :(

Which sail date are you on? I am on next Monday, and noticed the same price drop scenario...no balconies and lots of JS cabins showing up a week ago. So, I upgraded for 260.00 from a D1 to a JS. Then two days later the prices REALLY came down. Could have upgraded for almost no cost if I had waited. :( Though I then noticed one left over GS cabin which had dropped also. For another 46.00 I upgraded to that. Had to pay more, but at least I got some extra bang for the buck anyway. ;)

Thanks PC...to my credit...I always read them, even if I don't always reply! I'd rather read a hope-invoking, positive "I got upgraded" or "I just booked" thread than spend any more time on smoking or dress codes ;)

I always feel happy for people :D

CONGRATS! And it actually happened so someone I "sorta" know! (well, if it weren't for that fog I would have actually met you in person!!!!)

The elusive upgrade fairy has yet to make an appearance for me, but I'm always glad to read some of these "good news" stories. :D

Congrats!! :D I rejoice with you!! Always wonderful to hear that the upgrade fairy is alive and well. Though she seems to have lost my address.

Which sail date are you on? I am on next Monday, and noticed the same price drop scenario...no balconies and lots of JS cabins showing up a week ago. So, I upgraded for 260.00 from a D1 to a JS. Then two days later the prices REALLY came down. Could have upgraded for almost no cost if I had waited. :( Though I then noticed one left over GS cabin which had dropped also. For another 46.00 I upgraded to that. Had to pay more, but at least I got some extra bang for the buck anyway. ;)

That will be SWEET:D, at least for the extra money you do get those extra bennies, (lounge and seating etc) It's always a waiting game to see what will happen. We are sailing 2/17, it's mid week, which I think helps, even though its winter break in NE and the north, I think airfare is so high that it's not worth it to fly for such a short cruise.

With so many JS open I was hesitant to pay to upgrade too, I figured they'd want those cheaper cabins to unload last minute, we are half way to D+ so we are getting there, but I don't hold out much hope because there are so many higher status folks and I'm a frugal yankee who really doesn't exactly break the piggy bank every time I cruise:rolleyes: So yes, we are happy, but the rep was sure to tell me no double points, but that fine too, I'm not much of a point collector really, it's all about the trip, and I am looking forward to this one!:D

I'll look for your review after next week!

Edited by Familygoboston

CONGRATS! And it actually happened so someone I "sorta" know! (well, if it weren't for that fog I would have actually met you in person!!!!)

The elusive upgrade fairy has yet to make an appearance for me, but I'm always glad to read some of these "good news" stories. :D

Oh come on, we are practically family now;):D So she has to help you out now too!

Congrats. Hope to seeing pics of it in your review!

Thanks! Oh yes, I do plan a full review! Especially now with all this excitement! Unfortunately, you'll notice DH is not coming with us, so I am apologizing in advance for the photos.:o They will all be mine! (he's already pretending to be a little peeved that he's missing out on our first JS and another aft cabin; I reminded him that at one time I had TWO cabins booked, but he decided no a while ago:rolleyes:)

That's amazing!!! Congrats!!!

The Royal Suite is still showing available for my AOS cruise on 2/23.....I'm D+ and already in an OS......so it would seem logical wouldn't it? LOL :p One can dream.....right???

Keep dreaming Robyn, that is point of these threads!!:D Keep hope ALIVE!

The OS is not too shabby though, missy;)...and Adventure and Southern Caribbean, thats ALL good!:D

Now I know why people do this...post a new thread to crow about their upgrade;) Now Im one of "those" people! :o

Had booked a D1 on Enchantment for DM and DD and I, a little cozy with 3 but we'd make it work! I have been watching all the open JSs and hoping...today I noticed a sizable price drop on JS prices and no balcony cabins left...I called, trying to justify in my own mind a paid upgrade and it was already done!! Better yet, when I was contemplating paying to upgrade, I noticed some key aft balconies open...which is what pushed me to call...too good to pass up! (Im sure the folks who had those cabins booked originally are now chilling in their upgraded OS, or GS ;))

The C & A rep helped me switch from my upgraded JS to the aft JS and I just printed the new set sail with my new cabin number and luggage tags. It's real, and it actually happened to ME this time:D I was so happy on the phone, I actually embarrassed myself!

Hate on me, rejoice with me, I don't mind, either way...I got an upgrade :D

Hate on you? You've GOT to be kidding!!! Yippee Yahoo for you! I only wish something like that would happen to ME sometime, LOL!! That is really awesome! So happy for you and wishing you a wonderful trip! Happy Sailing! :)

Congratulations. With the weather you might be getting later today or tomorrow, this should make you feel warm and fuzzy all over.:D

Thanks!! Yes, they just canceled afternoon activities, but not a flake, so far...its been a wild winter, so fingers crossed I make it to FL without incident...we fly down a day ahead so Im hopeful:D

The stern JS cabins on Enchantment are awesome. Had one a few years ago. The balconies are big enough to throw a party on.

Can you tell me if they have 2 loungers, there aren't many photos of these cabins "post stretch". (oh, that will change I tell you, that WILL change after MY cruise:p) I know they didn't change the aft of the ship much, but was wondering about that. I've heard the pool area can get a bit crowded, so having those loungers will be lovely, mom doesn't like to put on her "swim costume" much anymore anyway, and I rarely go IN the pool, so we will be happy to read on the balcony.

I just love happy posts! Congratulations and enjoy that upgrade!!

Hate on you? You've GOT to be kidding!!! Yippee Yahoo for you! I only wish something like that would happen to ME sometime, LOL!! That is really awesome! So happy for you and wishing you a wonderful trip! Happy Sailing! :)

Thanks! That's always my reaction...like Im at the deli counter...gee if THEY got one, then my number MUST be coming up soon...:D

YEA YOU FamilygoBoston!!! :) Where are you located up there? You have some pretty rough weather headed your way .... I was born in Billerica, MA ... my husband in Weymouth, MA. We lived in Marshfield, MA on the coast (about 1/2 way between Boston and Cape Cod) for most of our married life (almost 45 years now!) and moved here to GA 8 1/2 years ago for the warm and family .... not much warm lately tho, thinking I need to go further south! LOL!! Be safe up there now and just think of your beautiful trip and cabin coming up!! Again .... YEA YOU!!! :)