How often are Movies changed in MUTS

MTdreaming

Is it a monthly thing? if so at the beginning of the month? Our last cruise we really enjoyed the MUTS in the evening.. just saw some Patters from the ship for last week, and not crazy about the choices. We sail on Feb 8, Caribbean Princess out of Houston. This isn't a major thing, but as I said we so enjoyed it last time and this time, well at best kinda MEH..:roll eyes:

Thanks for any replies!

I heard they make any MUTS changes monthly, but don't recall when during the month - it would really depend on cruise lengths.

Most of the movies shown on MUTS during the cruise are recent DVD releases from the movie industry, so if they currently fall into your "meh" category that's a timing issue. I have noticed Princess leans toward action movies.

Usually about the beginning of the year:D

OooHHH.. hmmm, well I guess I will lower my expectations for MUTS this cruise. Disappointed, our last cruise had Les Miserables, Lincoln, Skyfall, this one looks to be things like War Z...:( cruising under the night sky in the Caribbean just ..doesn't seem quite the same.

Usually a few will change near the start of each month. The actual day they change depends on when the DVDs reach the ship.

If you are starting your cruise 2/8, then about 1/25 you should receive an e-mail from Princess saying who the Cruise Director will be and listing some of the entertainment including some of the MUTS movies.

Edited by caribill

While hubby and I enjoy movies, including at least once or twice on MUTS (or other ships versions of MUTS), we typically stop watching "newer" releases that are hitting DVD or Pay Per View about 3-4 months out from each cruise, thus increasing our chances that we haven't seen the releases on the cruise we'll be on.

That practice is working out fairly well for us in that there's always been at least a couple of movies we were able to catch on the cruise that we hadn't already seen at home. I find my mind wandering at times while watching MUTS, thinking "Gee, this is the way to watch a movie... while laying on a cushioned lounger under the stars on a beautiful cruise ship, people bringing me warm cookies and cold milk... life is pretty good." :):D

Celine

If you are starting your cruise 2/8, then about 1/25 you should receive an e-mail from Princess saying who the Cruise Director will be and listing some of the entertainment including some of the MUTS movies.

I am cruising Feb1 on The Sapphire and got my email 2 days ago. That part of the email is just a big blank white space. We got no info on shows or MUTS or other entertainment for this cruise. I am doing B2B and for the cruise prior the email did have the info. It is nice when you do get a little heads up. I wonder why some people do get it and some don't.

I find my mind wandering at times while watching MUTS, thinking "Gee, this is the way to watch a movie... while laying on a cushioned lounger under the stars on a beautiful cruise ship, people bringing me warm cookies and cold milk... life is pretty good." :):D

Celine

I agree...so relaxed and on a warm night..wonderful