Soda stream

I've heard of people bringing coffee machines on the cruise ship this is my first time cruising and wanted to know if we are allowed to bring a soda stream machine to keep in our room and if anyone has done this before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This being your first cruise, I would think twice about bringing it even if it was allowed. Seems like way too much trouble. We are rarely in our room and it would require you to go all the way back to your room to get a beverage. (The ships are big, and there are a things going on all day and evening) You might want to look into the pop package. Then you can get a soda all over the ship, including at dinner. Not as cheap, but much more convenient!

I have a soda bar gun in my kitchen, and use it every day. But I cannot bring it with me, so I use the soda supplied when I go out.

Here are some pictures:

http://pblq.com/Soda.html

That is amazing. I am jealous of your set up. If you love pop, which you must, once the set up costs are covered the pop is much more economical.

I don't know in the States if you got this show on Discovery, that we did in Canada, called Don't do this at Home. They turned their hot water tank into a coffee maker, and later on turned it into a beer vat. I found a youtube link for the coffee clip, but not the beer one. It was classic. I you want to see their success click here.

Edited by A&L_Ont

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy my Soda Stream as well, but would never consider taking it on a cruise. In any case, you would NOT be allowed to fly with the CO2 canister.

TSA prohibits all compressed gas cylinders except for small cartridges attached to life vests (? I dunno either).

See here: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items

Also, Soda Stream says:

"SodaStream carbonators, whether used or full, are considered hazardous material by the US Department of Transportation and are subject to special handling rules."

My guess is that you would not get them thru security on the ship, even if you didn't fly.

• 3 weeks later...