Additional guests in suite?

autrucheplume

Hello all,

I apologize if this has been asked, but I didn't see this answered. We've cruised NCL a few times, and in the past, we could pay full price for 2 guests, then add additional guests to our suite for $99 or $199. Is this not the case anymore? Just looked online and it appeared like it was full price for all guests. Is this accurate, or is there an issue with the booking site?

Thanks!!

Hello all,

I apologize if this has been asked, but I didn't see this answered. We've cruised NCL a few times, and in the past, we could pay full price for 2 guests, then add additional guests to our suite for $99 or $199. Is this not the case anymore? Just looked online and it appeared like it was full price for all guests. Is this accurate, or is there an issue with the booking site?

Thanks!!

NCL made sweeping changes to their website in recent months. Folks on this site reported that those changes caused unexpected prices to display when booking more than 2 in a suite. I'm not sure of the details. Couple of things you can do... try looking at your booking on the old site - www5.ncl.com - you could also just call them up....

To clarify, I'm trying to book a future cruise. Does anyone know if the rules have changed? Are additional guests in suites full price, or are they still at a reduced rate?

Thanks!!

When we booked our EPIC Haven two bedroom suite in the early fall of 2013 for February 2014, the payment for additional guests was as you had experienced previously. In checking back in October/November the price structure had changed to the current prices that you are seeing.

It would appear for our cruise, and what we paid is that under the new system they have taken the total price and divided it evenly among the six in our cabin.

Hope this helps.

Another thing that the new site does that may be confusing is that as you increase the guests in the suite/cabin from 2 to a higher number, it calculates the cruise fare based on a 3 way split, or a 4 way split etc. based on the number you indicate. But as the previous poster stated, the actual fare for the 3rd guest and higher is reduced significantly.

To clarify, I'm trying to book a future cruise. Does anyone know if the rules have changed? Are additional guests in suites full price, or are they still at a reduced rate?

Thanks!!

It's just the way the new NCL website shows prices. Let's say a suite costs $1000 for first two, and $200 for each additional. If you price the suite for two, it will be $1000 Per person, $2000. If you price it for four, it will show up as $600 per person, which is $2400 or the same as two passengers at $1000 pp and two more at $200 pp. Hope this makes sense. When in doubt, try pricing the suites for two people first, to get the base pricing, and then again for four people, to show the additional for extra passengers.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

Thanks!!

I'm talking about future cruises booked a few months ago, and test bookings done in the last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on the ship, and the week. On the BA for my sailing the fare for the 3rd passenger and so on is close to $1,000.

It's $679.07 including all taxes and fees for the 3rd person in the same Aft Penthouse (S6) for our week. Quite a difference!

It's $679.07 including all taxes and fees for the 3rd person in the same Aft Penthouse (S6) for our week. Quite a difference!

Your sailing about a month after I am. Same suite and for 3rd person on my sailing $1,124.91 w taxes.

When I first noticed the change I was told that the new way gives an AVERAGE price per person based on the number in your party and the cabin selected. The only way to know what the true price is for a 3rd person is to go through the process with just two people and get that price (lets say it was 800 each or 1600 total), then go through the price for three people (lets say that comes to 700 each or 2100 total), you then can deduce that the 3rd person rate is 500 (2100-1600).

When I first noticed the change I was told that the new way gives an AVERAGE price per person based on the number in your party and the cabin selected. The only way to know what the true price is for a 3rd person is to go through the process with just two people and get that price (lets say it was 800 each or 1600 total), then go through the price for three people (lets say that comes to 700 each or 2100 total), you then can deduce that the 3rd person rate is 500 (2100-1600).

No need to be a math whiz and break out a calculator. After you pick the amount of passengers, date, category, then the total price comes up and then all you have to do next is click on view details and the price is broken down for each passenger.

I just priced a cruise with a full suite.

The difference in TOTAL price between 2 and 3 people was under $400.

You have to look at the TOTAL price, not the per person price, or the price before taxes.

Walk it all the way through and get a better answer than you will get here.

Thanks!!

My DW just booked Pearl/Alaska for this year, Aft Penthouse, 3 guests. She paid full fare for the first two, and $163 for the third guest.

Hello all,

Thanks!!

If you look at original price and that at end when you have 4 people you will see that they did charge full for the first 2 and less for the next two but they totaled it and divided it by 4 to give you a price per person.