Oceania vs Azamara?

Larainerenee

I cannot speak from personal experience on both lines -- only having sailed on Oceania in recent years -- but from what I read here, there are plenty of Oceania fans who are equally happy on Azamara.

There are some differences, but perhaps not large enough to matter to people who like the "R" ships.

We ourselves have looked in Azamara in the past but we never found the right itinerary at the right time.

Mura

We have been on the Azamara Quest; but not on O yet. We enjoyed the Quest; but I am expecting to like O much better. The food menus and venus just sound wonderful. A big consideration when comparing the two is that the O R ships will be like new in a few months and that Azamara ships keep getting older without any major renovations.

I cannot speak from personal experience on both lines -- only having sailed on Oceania in recent years -- but from what I read here, there are plenty of Oceania fans who are equally happy on Azamara.

There are some differences, but perhaps not large enough to matter to people who like the "R" ships.

We ourselves have looked in Azamara in the past but we never found the right itinerary at the right time.

Mura

Just off journey and have sailed many times on O. If e are talking about the R class ships I agree with Mura's comment and at he moment there is really little difference. After the refurb of the Oceania R ships it might be different. The O class ships are in a different league.

We loved our one R-ship experience on Oceania, and we want more opportunities to sail on these small ships.

Each cruise line has benefits and disadvantages.

I found a photo album online of Azamara Quest, with exceptional photos by a very skilled photographer, and was drawn to one photo which shows clearly that there are public, forward facing loungers on Azamara Quest, and that is something that is very attractive to us:

(15th row down, click on center picture to see)

http://www.ariphoto.com/touringazamaraquest

Of course, we loved our Oceania cruise, and even with my RCL stock ownership which would provide us OBC on Azamara, I would choose Oceania first, depending on how the front lounger situation is addressed on Oceania, and also if the new smoking area containment walls totally prevent any smoking odor in Horizons.

Edited by Oceans&Rivers

We had a wonderful cruise on the Azamara Quest last fall. We are looking at an Oceania itinerary for 2015 and wondered how it compared to Azamara in terms of food, service and general ambiance.

Hi Larainerenee,

I've sailed on Azamara several times, and absolutely loved the experience. Their cuisine, service, and officer and crew engagement was outstanding. I also enjoyed sailing on a smaller ship, as compared to the ships we usually sail with Celebrity.

Today, I received my first taste of Oceania, as I was invited onboard Riviera for a ship tour and luncheon in Miami. I was very pleased with the ship, and the cuisine. It may have us considering Oceania later in 2014 or 2015 - especially as we enjoy sailing the Caribbean, and Oceania has far more sailings out of Miami, than Azamara currently offers.

At any rate, I'd highly recommend Azamara, and hope to experience Oceania in the near future. I hope this is helpful !