My time dining

We are sailing on the explorer. We are only able to get the late seating. This doesn't work for our family so we were asking the travel agent about switching to my time. She is telling us how awful it is, how rcl doesn't fill their reservations on time and people wind up waiting on line for awhile. What's been your experience? We are early eaters so we would probably be looking to make reservations around 6ish. Thanks so much

We have had MTD on the Explorer twice (past two years) and have not had a problem. The first time we had reservations for 6:00 (which I made approx two months before sail date) and the second time we made reservations for 5:30 because our granddaughter was 14 months old and we wanted her to eat early.

We had no problems at all. We really liked the MTD. We had a table for 6 so it was just our family. We sat at the same table each night and had the same wait staff. It didn't take as long as traditional dining.

Enjoy your cruise. We love the Explorer.

I I forgot to say that we never had to wait for our table.

Edited by nyer

Not had the problems your TA suggests with MTD. Found it very flexible and you can also make reservations in advance. We have had the same table and waitstaff with MTD if we requested that, and "walking up" was short to no wait for a table. In our experience your TA is incorrect.

Agree, based on our experience two months ago on Independence. We made reservations and never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated (although the non-reservation MTD line seemed to move faster than ours!); we also always got the wait staff/table we wanted every night.

We used the MTD option this past October on the Explorer. We had no problems at all! We always made a reservation and sometimes as late as the same day...they were always able to accommodate us just fine. There were some nights where people were waiting and I was glad we had a reservation but even then it didn't seem like they would be waiting long.

We've never done the MTD but several of our roll call did last year and hadn't made reservations before getting on the ship. They had to wait a long time, sounds like if you make reservations in advance you'll be fine

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We've never done the MTD but several of our roll call did last year and hadn't made reservations before getting on the ship. They had to wait a long time, sounds like if you make reservations in advance you'll be fine

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You can make reservations on board for available times, as well as change them daily if desired.

Many times we have dinner reservations in a restaurant and still must wait while they get our table ready. What's the difference here. Being flexible out weighs the MDR schedule to us. And you are on vacation so why not enjoy and not worry about a short wait time .