Does anyone read the other forums on CC

the english lady

I always go on the P and O forum, but sometimes I wander onto the cruise fashion one. Today I thought that was the one I went on. In fact I was on the money saving thread that nearly 100% was about how to smuggle booze onto American ships.

We may moan about pando, but at least they let you bring drink onboard.

Do I want drink that has been put in an empty listerine bottle. No thanks.

Plastic bags hidden down shorts--yeach.

What I totally disagreed with was someone who not only smuggled their drink onboard, but also drank it around the ship.

I shall climb down from my soap box now.

Yes ;)

Princess cruiser but read all the different forums.

Agree with you about the smuggling though, they all want to be cheap and save money but god help anyone who mentions tipping and if they can give to individuals instead of the auto process. Those same smugglers have the gall to call others cheap.

As a result of reading the other forums, NCL and Carnival are crossed of my list of possible lines, there just seems to be too many obnoxious people on there for my liking.

I like reading the pando board though, and still on my list of 'want to sail'.

Toodles.

Dave

Hi english lady.

I like to have look through the other forums and it is surprising how often the threads are similar although people are different nationalities, are thousands of miles apart and travelling with different cruise lines the complaints and observations are the same.

Happy cruising to you

it is surprising how often the threads are similar although people are different nationalities, are thousands of miles apart and travelling with different cruise lines the complaints and observations are the same.

As in we paid £££££££ FOR OUR CRUISE AND 2 WEEKS BEFORE SAILING IT IS ££££

The obsession with norovirus on American lines amuses me I have to say - perhaps we should all wear biohaz. suits and be done with it...

but can you drink your smuggled on booze with the suit on??

As a result of reading the other forums, NCL and Carnival are crossed of my list of possible lines

Have to say Carnival seems too much of a "fun and noisy" line to me..

NCL-well do I want to go on a ship with the paint job down the side, plus what I have read on the reviews has put me off.

Thank you all for replying-I just wondered if I was the only one who went off my favourite line...

I quite like "The Pub" Forum, the 'English v American (English)' thread is most amusing.

I also read the Princess board as I tend to travel with them too.

Edited by CCFC

We're often on the Celebrity forum - probably far more than P&O in the past.

Both are the same - newbies love it all generally and experienced cruisers want it to be the same as it was 10 yrs ago.

The more experienced cruisers are dissatisfied about the fall in standards and the new cruisers are generally wowed by their first cruise experience.

;)

I read various other forums and I find the Ports of Call very, very helpful as we tend to DIY in ports.

I also think over-reacting is quite amusing. for example, it is funny how many US cruisers don't leave their ships in various ports in the Caribbean because of the "dangers" they've been told about. A severe case of Chinese Whispers :D

I also agree that complaints about drops in standards and having to pay more than other people are universal.

Edited by tartanexile81

I also read other fora to find out about different lines and, like tartanexile, to get tips on DIY port excursions. I also agree that US contributors in particular tend to give a distorted view of any risks. I was getting quite concerned about our stops in Barcelona and other Spanish ports last year (pickpockets, etc.) after what I'd read, but found that we were fine with the standard precautions we normally take. I did buy a small PacSafe bag and was glad I did, as in Barcelona the Spanish authorities insisted we had to take our passports ashore and could not use photocopies, so I had everyone's passports in my lockable bag for peace of mind.

I have recently posted on the Celebrity board, quite innocuous, nothing contentious. However the aggressive and downright rude responses really surprised me. I am thinking twice now as to whether it was wise to book a Celebrity cruise home-porting from Fort Lauderdale.

Cb

I have recently posted on the Celebrity board, quite innocuous, nothing contentious. However the aggressive and downright rude responses really surprised me. I am thinking twice now as to whether it was wise to book a Celebrity cruise home-porting from Fort Lauderdale.

Cb

Hi

We've done the Silhouette 3 times and met some wonderful people - don't let those with no manners ruin your plans. You will have a great time. You will find rude and aggressive on every forum. I'll try to find you and make you realise that Celebrity cruisers aren't all bad.

Hi

I read and post on Princess , roll calls and Ports of call as well as Others.

There may be negatives at times but CC is a mine of useful information and hints for cruising , and as such is priceless .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cb

Hi, have just had a look over on the Celebrity section to check they were being nice to you and, though some folk are being negative, there are lots helping you out. Keep smiling - you will find some great friends and have many happy memories on Celebrity. :)